Oct 22nd is the big day!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got the notice in the mail that Oct 22nd @ 10:30am is the day my divorce will be final!

We thought it would be sooner but the courts are backed up.

I'll be happy to close that chapter of my life

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reminds me of a story one of my best friends from college told me. She ran into one of her guy friends from law school and asked how his wife was. He told her that they were getting a divorce. At first she wanted to say that she was sorry, but having known what their relationship was, she asked him if she should say that she was sorry or happy for him. He told her to buy a bottle of champagne and have a toast for him. BTW, my best friend was just his friend and nothing happened.

So, have a glass or two of champagne on me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

Reminds me of a story one of my best friends from college told me. She ran into one of her guy friends from law school and asked how his wife was. He told her that they were getting a divorce. At first she wanted to say that she was sorry, but having known what their relationship was, she asked him if she should say that she was sorry or happy for him. He told her to buy a bottle of champagne and have a toast for him. BTW, my best friend was just his friend and nothing happened.

So, have a glass or two of champagne on me!
All of my friends are offering to throw a party

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Excellent!
What a nice early christmas present and a great start to the new year
That's what I think too!

Close to this time last year my life was in shambles because of that man!

Now, I'm happier then I'll ever be!

Someone asked me the other day if I regret ever marrying him.

At first, I thought I did.. but on 2nd thought, I said "No".
And when I ask myself why I think back on all the things that happened and reminded myself that it made me a stronger person!

And that saying goes through my head... What doesn't kill us will make us stronger!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For some its a celebration; others its a sad day. We had to have the papers redone cause it was not signed/dated properly - delayed it another month. But I was happy when it was over and could officially move on

DH almost had his divorce on the day he got married - but they were backed up and the judge didn't sign the papers till about 6 weeks later!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good news Alicia - onward and upward as they say.

My first husband called me up the day our divorce became final to suggest we spend the day together to celebrate the divorce absolute. He picked me up at my apartment and we went to visit his dad's gravesite and to see his mother and have lunch with her. It was pretty great actually.