Old pictures......

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been scanning and preserving some of my husband's family pictures....I found these of him.....is @ 1977 or so......if I want to be mean, I remind him that when these pics were taken, I was only in about the second grade, lol!
But seriously....gotta love a man in uniform!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Old family photos are a wonderful thing to have. I've seen some lovely collections in people's homes of all their relatives going back for generations. If you're lucky enough to gather a collection together, I think it's really something to treasure.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Great pics! I have some of me in my Navy uniform that I need to scan. Of course, I could not begin to compare to your DH!
Aww, I bet you do to your DW, Lee! I'd love to see them, and any that anyone else has too. I currently have two cowboy boot boxes full.....I estimate that at the current rate of scan and add, it will take me two years to finish this project.....mind you, the very old ones I'm saving, then making a copy and removing the yellow tint so that it looks like it did as a new black and white shot.

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm always fascinated by old photos, especially of my family. This one was taken in 1923. The boy on the left is my grandpa, and the older woman looking down at him is my great great grandmother and this is the only picture I've seen of her. The other people are various relatives from out West. The occasion was the funeral of my great great grandfather, we believe. The person who gave this photo to us is the little girl in the bottom right corner, she had just found it when she was looking through her stuff and though we would be interested in it.