Pointed kittens are starting to show!

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I onlly have this one. Today I'm going to get a better picture. I was using a tripod here and I didn't realize it wasn't zoomed in.

Mom wasn't too impressed with this whole process either:

You can see it better on the full size pic

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went back and got another. maybe you can tell from this one.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's too soon. The nose leather looks grey to me, but that may be the browser or something. DEFINITELY a pointed kitten.

EDIT: I looked at your blog. From the description of the striped tail, my educated guess is that this one will be a lynx point. M on the forehead, ring tail, striping on the legs, often grey/blue/lilac points but they can be the other colors ( seal, chocolate) too, I understand. Like tabby points on a blue-eyed cat. The genetics experts here will know more.

Is this the only kitten so far who is showing color on his/her points?

PS - he/she is JUST adorable!!!

PPS - Now I am backpedaling a little bit about my lynx point guess,b/c the kitten doesn't have a tabby nose leather... so yes, it's pointed -- and we will have to wait and see what nature created!!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yay! How cute. You can definitely see the points on it's ears and nose starting to show! How cute!!!

Wont be able to tell if it's a blue point or seal point for a bit I guess, but at least now you know they are pointed. How sweet!!!

Love it. Thanks for sharing!

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

I think it's too soon. The nose leather looks grey to me, but that may be the browser or something. DEFINITELY a pointed kitten.

EDIT: I looked at your blog. From the description of the striped tail, my educated guess is that this one will be a lynx point. M on the forehead, ring tail, striping on the legs, often grey/blue/lilac points but they can be the other colors ( seal, chocolate) too, I understand. Like tabby points on a blue-eyed cat. The genetics experts here will know more.

Is this the only kitten so far who is showing color on his/her points?

PS - he/she is JUST adorable!!!

PPS - Now I am backpedaling a little bit about my lynx point guess,b/c the kitten doesn't have a tabby nose leather... so yes, it's pointed -- and we will have to wait and see what nature created!!
There are four white ones. 2 of them have brown noses (they lookgray in the pic but it's brown) and they all have a striped tail. Some more pronounced than the others

They all show darkening ears though, and to be honest their white fur is dinjy looking) like it's dirty blonde.

Originally Posted by Marianjela

Oh yay! How cute. You can definitely see the points on it's ears and nose starting to show! How cute!!!

Wont be able to tell if it's a blue point or seal point for a bit I guess, but at least now you know they are pointed. How sweet!!!

Love it. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for leaving the comment on the blog! I appreciate that!

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did a bit more reading b/c I am not an expert( how many times have I said that????) And the brown noses and striped tails may very well mean you end up with four chocolate or seal lynx point kittens. Many lynx points have that orange/pink tabby nose, but I guess the darker points can have the dark brown or black nose of the colorpoints.

Regardless, they really are cute!

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah they're a blast. Though I thought they'd have started opening their eyes now and they haven't.

Mom is SUPER protective though. I mean more so than I thought she'd be. I pick the babies up all the time when i sit by her box. I don't play with them, just pick them up so

1. they'll be use to my scent and use to me handling them
2. Mom will realize I'm no threat and it's ok if I pick them up.

She doesn't do much if I pick them up, even if I hold one for awhile. but if I move it from her site HOLY MOLY! The picture here is a good example. All i did was take the baby about 4 feet away to take a picture. she looks OK in the pick but she was actually just about panicking.

When they were first born I didn't pick them up AT ALL. I wanted mom to feel safe, but as time goes on I'm trying to get her use to me holding them. Is this the wrong approach?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You've seen pics of how different my 2 boys looked, they looked very similar until 4-5ish weeks, when I could see the differences distinctly.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds to me like you are doing fine with handling the kittens and momma. It is good to get them used to your scent before their eyes open.

And most moms, of any species, get extremely anxious when you take their baby too far.