They weigh how much?! And that bill is how big?!!

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I just got back from the vet. I brought in everyone except Munchkin.
Kinky had some blood work and a leukemia test done. It came out normal and negative (thank goodness) but I ended up getting charged an extra $35 because I guess I wasnt clear on what kind of blood workup I wanted done. I ended up getting the expensive one, which is fine, it means now I know nothing is wrong, but it was a bit of a shock when the price was doubled on my receipt.
This was the first time bringing all my boys to the vet since I moved and they all got weighed.
Kinky..17.3 (in pounds)
Chester..19.6
Arthur..20.7
Garfield..21.6
Nermal..25.4

Nermal needs to lose about 5 pounds. Looking at my old records they've all gained about two pounds since January. Hmm. Not sure how I'll manage to put them on a diet but I'll figure out something. They all got shots of Depo-Provera for spraying, its supposed to take two or three days to kick in. Im sure hoping it does, my bill was over $300. OUCH!
Oh, and none of the vets came out but all the assistants came out to look at Nermal because he's so big. They got lots of compliments

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
$300 for 5 cats seems pretty reasonable to me.

They are lovely big boys aren't they! And here I've been worried about Bijou at over 18 lbs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess $300 wouldnt be bad if they got full check ups, but any time I've been to any vet they only listen to their hearts. Which is fine, but the office fee is an awful lot to not get much from it. They are big boys
They're all pretty healthy weight wise except poor Nermy.

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

Kinky had some blood work and a leukemia test done. It came out normal and negative (thank goodness) but I ended up getting charged an extra $35 because I guess I wasnt clear on what kind of blood workup I wanted done. I ended up getting the expensive one, which is fine, it means now I know nothing is wrong, but it was a bit of a shock when the price was doubled on my receipt.
This was the first time bringing all my boys to the vet since I moved and they all got weighed.
Kinky..17.3 (in pounds)
Chester..19.6
Arthur..20.7
Garfield..21.6
Nermal..25.4

Nermal needs to lose about 5 pounds. Looking at my old records they've all gained about two pounds since January. Hmm. Not sure how I'll manage to put them on a diet but I'll figure out something. They all got shots of Depo-Provera for spraying, its supposed to take two or three days to kick in. Im sure hoping it does, my bill was over $300. OUCH!
Oh, and none of the vets came out but all the assistants came out to look at Nermal because he's so big. They got lots of compliments
I bet they are all gorgeous!
Mine are 14 pounds. They're just big kitties...not fat.

trempette

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just got mine weighed and was surprised. LESS than I thought. My kitty who I call "Kinda fat" is a very good weight. Shows me up, the big meany I am lol.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, if your cat is healthy and can move easily and has got a lot of energy, then he is probably fine. A little extra weight doesn't hurt a cat (though "a lot" often does) It has to get to the point that it stops him running around and getting exercise before it does any harm.

My cats are 9 and 12 pounds... wow, they're tiny in comparison! Little Christy, especially... three years old and could pass for a four-month kitten if she weren't such a grown-up beauty!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Butzie is a little girl - about 8 pounds.

I had an ex-boyfriend who had a cat that looked exactly like Sylvester. He was a huge tomcat and weighed 30 pounds. He wasn't fat. He was just so tall. He was very affectionate and you sure knew how much he weighed when he jumped up onto your lap.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

Kinky..17.3 (in pounds)
Chester..19.6
Arthur..20.7
Garfield..21.6
Nermal..25.4

You have some mighty big cats! Alley only weight ten pounds and Persi 11.5 pounds so it is hard to imagine having cats that big but I think I would like it. But of course you do not want them at an unhealthy weight. I picked up a set of baby scales at a garage sale for only $5 so I weigh my cats every Monday morning as I do myself. The cats always stay at a stead weight which is more than I can say for myself...
That vet bill was definately an OUCH! Good luck with the diet.