What was for dinner tonight?

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tonight we decided to go with some pasta, but the bf wanted puttanesca with anchovies and I compromised and make Puttanesca without anchovies using this recipe from Mario Batali http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/m...ipe/index.html

It was kinda awesome because it wasn't actually cooked so it was really easy and turned out better than I thought it would. The only actual cooking you have to do is the pasta.

What did you guys make?

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did the vegetable thing tonight and made a nice veggie stir-fry..
Zucchini, red and green peppers, mushrooms, celery, onions and water chestnuts..seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic and a bit soy sauce..
For dessert I had some watermelon..
Everything was very good

I am trying to have at least 3 vegetarian nights a week

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Did the vegetable thing tonight and made a nice veggie stir-fry..
Zucchini, red and green peppers, mushrooms, celery, onions and water chestnuts..seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic and a bit soy sauce..
For dessert I had some watermelon..
Everything was very good

I am trying to have at least 3 vegetarian nights a week
That actually sounds yummy. I love veggies and people laugh at me for eating raw bell peppers and liking it :p The recipe I made earlier is vegeterian but I think I will cut back on the salt if I make it again though. Two tablespoons of salt was a little much for me lol

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fuzzles

That actually sounds yummy. I love veggies and people laugh at me for eating raw bell peppers and liking it :p The recipe I made earlier is vegeterian but I think I will cut back on the salt if I make it again though. Two tablespoons of salt was a little much for me lol
That does sound like a lot of salt. I find that a lot of recipes call for way more salt then needed. I try to use salt alternatives whenever possible. I use to be a salt addict but because of high blood pressure I had to cut back..

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night was just mac'n'cheese but tonight we are having stuffed pork chops (stuffing is bacon, apples, onions, breadcrumbs).

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did chicken breasts with oyster mushrooms and a little cream/brandy sauce last night, with beans from the garden and panfried new potatoes. Back to the last of the leftover salmon fillet tonight, but I haven't decided yet how I'm going to use it.

rincewind

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My youngest had a friend over for tea so it was sadly a quick n simple tea of Pizza n Supernoodles. I think I'll make Stovies for tea on Friday. It's a scottish dish with potatoes and onions cooked in beef stock until soft and mashable then add ina tin or two of corned beef before serving with crusty bread! Totally comfort food!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put the makings for Beef Barley soup in the Crock pot before I left for work this morning so that is what I am having..
Homemade Beef Barley soup, with crusty bread, a glass of milk and a peach for dessert...

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

I put the makings for Beef Barley soup in the Crock pot before I left for work this morning so that is what I am having..
Homemade Beef Barley soup, with crusty bread, a glass of milk and a peach for dessert...
Beef Barley soup
Can I come to your house for dinner?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure what i'm making yet....right now i'm thinking about doing a lean pork tenderloin with some golden mashed potatoes and mac & cheese or salad to go with it

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*sigh* after cooking meatloaf, chicken in mushroom sauce, mashed potatoes, steamed cabbage, and green lima beans for our lunch delivery....we're having,

Frozen pot pies for din din, lol!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight it's Stove Top Chicken Bake. Cut up chicken breast with cream of chicken soup, mixed veggies, sour cream, and stuffing on top. It's still cooking so I don't know how it's gonna taste.

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight we're having pasta! Either penne or angel hair.. with three cheese sauce.. and cheesy bread with it.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had physical therapy and waited forever at the pharmacy for my prescriptions. So dinner was a lonely Arby's Beef and Cheddar. I'll snack on some grapes later.