Lindt Truffles

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in the process of figuring out wedding favors for our guests. I'm a total chocolate lover & John likes it too. Everyone loves Lindt Truffles (well, everyone that I've met
) And I want to do Lindt Truffles in three different flavors and put them in a little favor bags - organza bags - with a tie and a little note thanking the guests for joining us on our special day.

Here's the problem... I'm not even sure where to find that many Lindt Truffles without going broke!
I guess I'm nervous ordering chocolate online! I found a website ( http://www.globalchocolates.com/balls.htm )that I could order boxes of them from, 120 Truffles for $36.70 per box, which seems reasonable? I'd probably need 3 boxes at least, we're planning on 250 guests, but of course that might be less, but we obviously won't know that until closer to the wedding date. Does anyone have any advice in buying chocolate in bulk?
Am I better off contacting the local Lindt store and asking them?

Also, what are three good flavors to mix together? I know I for sure want the milk chocolate (red wrapper), but other than that, I'm not really sure! Any advice would be helpful
I think we want to stick with 'normal' flavors, with nothing with raspberry or any fillings. I was kind of leaning towards the peanut butter ones too
Maybe the milk chocolate, peanut butter & white chocolate? Something to 'lighten' it up a bit?
I don't know

Thanks in advance for your help!

pee-cleaner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Milk, white and dark. Dark choc is very "hot" right now.

Consider this my RSVP to your reception...I love Lindt.

As for ordering chocolate online--I've done it several times without issue. As long as you're not doing it in the heat of the summer, all should be fine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pee-cleaner

Milk, white and dark. Dark choc is very "hot" right now.

Consider this my RSVP to your reception...I love Lindt.

As for ordering chocolate online--I've done it several times without issue. As long as you're not doing it in the heat of the summer, all should be fine.
I figured I would order them towards the end of this winter - like February-ish to avoid having to pay more for overnight shipping in the heat!

Thanks for your help!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ordering on-line is generally okay and it shouldn't be a problem..However an alternative might be if you have access to a wholesale price. Most stores will give a discount if you order a large amount or some will even do a cost price for special events like weddings...Certainly no harm in asking...

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Add me to that RSVP list!!

I don't have much advice as to ordering the chocolate, though if I were you I think I'd go ahead and call them directly just to see if they have a better deal!

And as for the flavors, I like your choices! Milk, peanut butter, and white... Mmm... My personal favorite is dark, but I know a lot people don't like that so much. Same with white, but it seems more exotic, to me at least. The only other input is, with peanuts you have to consider allergies, but I would guess that you know your guests well and would know if such a thing were an issue!

Congratulations again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

I would go with Milk,White and Dark.
My sister ordered her chcolate online for her wedding last year and it worked out well.
I love those flavors as well

I was hoping to go with a different flavor like peanut butter or hazelnut, but nothing with a fruity filling or anything

Thanks for your help everyone!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
if i'm right, & you're talking about these

then walmart carries them - a mixed bag [there are 2 different mixes] costs between $3-$4 & has [i think] 12 truffles per bag.
personally, i'd go w/the triple chocolate choice - less chance of allergies [tree nuts & peanuts are both common allergens].

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can everyone coming to your wedding eat peanut butter?
Alot of people are allergic to it.
Hazlenut and Mint are good also.
My Sister used M&MS and had her wedding date on one side and thier names on the other.
I like your candy better.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
This place uses mint as the extra flavor:

http://www.favorlabel.com/wedding_fa...ruffle_box.php

I would try contacting the local Lindt store and see if they would sell to you in bulk. With shipping charges it may be easier to get it from them and if there is an issue with them you can go right to the store to get it resolved.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree if there is a local store that sells them I would contact them for a price.

Also I'm not sure about the white chocolate. I don't know many people who eat that "flavor". You could try 2 milk chocolate and one dark or 2 milk chocolate and one mint.