I hate Mondays!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had an 8:00 appointment for a job interview this morning but I missed it!

Brandon's co-worker who gives him a ride to work quit over the weekend and no one told him

So we waited until 6:45 this morning and ended up having to take him to the job site over 45 mins away.

I dropped him off and ended up getting caught in traffic because of an accident too! So it took twice as long to get home

I called them and told them what happened and asked to reschedule it. They told me they would call me back to let me know if they could or not.. which to me says "no"......

This really sucks too because jobs are hard to come by right now and this was a position that paid well and I know I'm more then qualified for.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Oh that's awful
What if you rang them back and said you were just wondering if they had discussed your phone call to reschedule?
I probably will in about an hour to show I'm still interested but I think they've made up their minds

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh thats too bad, but things like that do happen, so I dont see why they wouldnt reschedule.

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh I am so sorry that happened. That really sucks. It seems like they would understand. At least you called them right.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you try contacting them again? You would think they would be more than understanding! It's not like you CHOSE to get stuck in traffic!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Oscarsmommy

Did you try contacting them again? You would think they would be more than understanding! It's not like you CHOSE to get stuck in traffic!
I tried and they said they would call me if they could fit me in tomorrow

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

I tried and they said they would call me if they could fit me in tomorrow
Well that's good. It's so frustrating when situations like that happen that you have no control over...Fingers crossed that everything goes well tomorrow...

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's a bummer and I'm sorry you missed the interview.

In all fairness though, I can also see their point of view - if you can't make it to an interview would you be able to make it in to work if you got the job. If I were interviewing folks to work for me I have to honestly say I would not hire someone who didn't show up for the interview or even for that matter was late for the interview. But I'm one of those people that always assume I'm going to get caught in a traffic jam or some other delay and leave myself lots of extra time. Then when I get there early I find a place to sit and have a coffee before my appointment time.