Chef boyardee chicken,rice, & vegetables

keith p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was eating this for lunch, a bit fell on the floor by accident. My cats loved it, must be the chicken broth. Not good given everyday, but as a treat once in a while wont hurt. Just wanted to share.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
All of our cats have been given some human food over the years. I've had a couple who loved spaghetti and meatballs which has onion and garlic.

My personal feeling is if the cat likes something you are eating, it probably won't kill the cat if you give it a little bit. As long as you aren't only feeding human food, giving human food in very small amounts, and not often, then I don't think it will hurt. Bear in mind this is my opinion only and not a medical/scientific fact.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah right! Accident????? Our guys would get a sample without any accident
When giving people food (like what we have for supper), I will try and make sure there are no actual onion pieces. I really don't think onion flavor that is in a spice mix will hurt.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tomas has zoomed in and gobbled up a dropped piece of cooked onion before when DH was scooping fajitas out of the skillet.
He was fine and begged for more - which he did not get.

I think it's not as bad cooked, but not something that should be really given as a treat either. Cats have been eating scrapes for as long as they've lived with humans, though. Obviously the species as a whole hasn't dropped dead from whatever we cook with.

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kind of off-topic, but Moose snagged a piece of candy corn from me this weekend and ate it before I could get to him. I thought cats weren't supposed to have a sweet tooth!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clpeters23

Kind of off-topic, but Moose snagged a piece of candy corn from me and ate it before I could get to him. I thought cats weren't supposed to have a sweet tooth!
Cats use their noses to determine if food is good. Their sense of smell of much better then ours. Obviously it smelled good to him even if it may not have tasted so great.

Candy corn smells better then it tastes, anyways.