open wide

othie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This is probably nothing to be to worried about, but...

My kitten is 7 months old and will play with anything, and by this I mean pens, bag clips, anything. Last night he was attacking a bag clip (made of hard plastic) and when I noticed and took it away I saw a bit blood on it. Should I be worried? Is there a way to help with gums without brushing their teeth? I doubt he would enjoy that much....right now he's on one can of wet food in the morning, and dry food to snack on the rest of the time, so I dont think that is the reason...

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your baby more than likely hurt his gum on the hard plastic. Unless he's favoring it today or acts as if it bothers him and isn't eating I wouldn't worry about it. Since he seems to be a chewer/eater of anything ( I have one of those) be really careful about what you leave laying around, even in the wasterbasket. Not too long ago my problem fur-child came to me with a couple of inches of thead hanging out of her mouth (thread that I'd thrown in the trash). I pulled it, then pulled some more, then some more......I finally got almost 3 feet of thread out of her! The whole time I'm thinking "please don't be caught on something, please don't be caught on something"
Anyway, I'm sure your kitty is fine---just curious and playful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

othie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
thank you, I'm so glad I dont have to worry to much, this week he has to go in for shots, so I might bring it up but I wont worry about it anymore.

Originally Posted by libby74

Your baby more than likely hurt his gum on the hard plastic. Unless he's favoring it today or acts as if it bothers him and isn't eating I wouldn't worry about it. Since he seems to be a chewer/eater of anything ( I have one of those) be really careful about what you leave laying around, even in the wasterbasket. Not too long ago my problem fur-child came to me with a couple of inches of thead hanging out of her mouth (thread that I'd thrown in the trash). I pulled it, then pulled some more, then some more......I finally got almost 3 feet of thread out of her! The whole time I'm thinking "please don't be caught on something, please don't be caught on something"
Anyway, I'm sure your kitty is fine---just curious and playful.