Halloween is coming!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sooooooooooooo excited because we have already picked out our costumes!

Brandon and I are going as Vampires

Justice is going as a toilet

And Deacon is going as Pumpkinhead

Here are pics of Brandon and I trying on our costumes.. We bought mine today and are getting his next weekend

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool pictures. We don't have a lot of trick or treaters where we live - so we just pick up 2 bags of candy to eat ourselves

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

My daughter and I always start working on her costume in mid-September. We love Halloween.
Halloween is almost as good as Christmas around here to us

We went in the Spirit Halloween store the other day just to play around

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nice costumes!

I LOVE Halloween and am super excited! I am getting a dress,gown type thing similar to that soon! Halloween is an exciting time for me...hehe! I just adore it and I love looking at Halloween things too!

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I might dig up my old costume and wear it, if it still fits. If not, my husband and I still have our kimonos!

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sooooo excited! I love Halloween!

I'll probably be a pirate this year, I have everything but the hat! Wooo piratey hat!

When we moved into the new place (Sept first) the first thing we did was decorate for Halloween! They'll probably stay up all year too.

I love this time of year. *happy sigh*

rincewind

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'd love for Halloween to be bigger over here but sadly it's not. When I go back to Uni most of the students dress up and go clubbing. Where I live we don't even get any trick or treaters. People are to scared to answer the door.

I always think that the shops get everything in for Christmas way to early and I say to myself...we've not even had halloween yet!

Happy Halloween when it comes!

Boo!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You both look great!
It's usually just the kids that get dressed up over here. One of the members at The Cats Protection drives a hearse, and it's great seeing her pull up in the pub car park for our meetings in it

Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin
[/quote]

punkygirl0101

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I want to see the toilet lol!!

I love Halloween! i don't dress up usually, but I do pass out candy (We get lots and lots of kids in my neighborhood) and I go to a halloween party my friend has every year.

I especially love decorating for Halloween! I love black cats,and rats, and skeletons, and skulls, and ghosts and bats, and so on and so forth lol. Around Halloween is usually the only time I can find anything rat related.

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are huge halloween fans here. I want to be Cleopatra. My Bro's girlfriend gave me a gold snake armband. I've always wanted to be cleopatra but my hair was down past my butt. Well, since it is much shorter now, I decided I should do it now before it gets long again. I always make my own costume.

I don't know what my hubby will be yet. When we lived in Sheridan, I was the one who usually threw out ideas to everyone of what I thought would be cool for them to be. Usually they would go with my suggestion. I was always the one 'Lucky' enough to get to make their costumes.

Growing up, my mom made all our costumes. Now my bro, told his girlfriend that they weren't buying costumes. He told her she had to sew them herself. Now she has to learn to sew! He has been spoiled his whole life with hand made costumes, so... I gave her a few tips on sewing.

I have the pattern for my costume, I just really need to get the material and start working on it. I am not very excited about it this year. Being so far away from home, and my peoples... I am really homesick. Being here has taken a lot of fun out of everything because I can't share it with my family or close friends. I like Houma, I like Louisiana, it's just I hate being so far from my family.

Your costumes look great.

I also would love to see the toilet!

Be safe.

709juggalette

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Me and my sister were out today playing in the Halloween aisle! Hehehehehe...fun times.

Originally Posted by Punkygirl0101

Around Halloween is usually the only time I can find anything rat related.
Same with me.It is super hard to find rat stuff,which sucks since I collect anything rat related!

Originally Posted by MyRage

We are huge halloween fans here. I want to be Cleopatra. My Bro's girlfriend gave me a gold snake armband. I've always wanted to be cleopatra but my hair was down past my butt. Well, since it is much shorter now, I decided I should do it now before it gets long again. I always make my own costume.
I was Cleopatra once when I was a kid.It was a really nice,well done costume! I liked it.

trempette

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Nice costume, I really like it. I never have anything planned til the day of, usually.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't get tricker treaters here, but it looks like DH and I will be in our house by then so we'll probably have plenty since it's a pretty busy neighborhood (lots of families with kids). The in-laws will probably be over to help hand out candy, too, and I should be recovered from my surgery by then.

DOH! I just realized I probably won't be able to have Halloween candy, though!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i rarely get any trick-or-treaters, either. i usually have a costume - we have a 'book character day' at school. you have to come dressed as a book character & have the book your character is in. last year, i was Lilly, from Lilly's Big Day. all of the 2nd grade teachers were also mice, from various books. we have a parade around the school, too [basically, 1/2 way around the block - school is right in town].
i haven't decided what character i'll be this year - i've been Miss Lurleen, from Bubba, The Cowboy Prince [but i've lost too much weight to wear that outfit anymore], & i've also been The Music Teacher From The Black Lagoon.
all of my costumes were created from either stuff i had in the closet... or [last year] i made most of the outfit from posterboard & colored butcher paper! i still have my crown [w/attached ears]!