TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Obama haters taking the low road
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Obama haters taking the low road

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
This speaks for itself IMO.


Quote:
Activists at a conservative political forum snapped up boxes of waffle mix depicting Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama as a racial stereotype on its front and wearing Arab-like headdress on its top flap.
...
Republican Party stalwarts Newt Gingrich and Mitt Romney were among speakers at the forum, which officials said drew 2,100 activists from 44 states.

While Obama Waffles takes aim at Obama's politics by poking fun at his public remarks and positions on issues, it also plays off the old image of the pancake-mix icon Aunt Jemima, which has been widely criticized as a demeaning stereotype. Obama is portrayed with popping eyes and big, thick lips as he stares at a plate of waffles and smiles broadly.

Placing Obama in Arab-like headdress recalls the false rumor that he is a follower of Islam, though he is actually a Christian.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080913/...fafkQ10Qth24cA
post #2 of 15
It was two private individuals, who were shut down by the organizers when what they were selling was found out.

You have to put that in context, and realize that neither the hosts of the rally or the participants were involved.
post #3 of 15
If Obama was a Republican candidate chances are a couple of liberals would have created that product, considering that so many on the Left like to call Conservative Blacks names like Aunt Jemima, Uncle Tom or Spike Lee's more elaborate version "a handkerchief-head, chicken-and-biscuit-eating Uncle Tom", house slave, house n***er etc.
post #4 of 15
I know I've seen cartoons of Condi Rice depicting her as Aunt Jemima. I guess thats OK since she's a conservative. IMO, liberals are ALOT more racist and sexist than conservatives. The Dems even have a ex-Klansman in the Senate (Robert Byrd).
post #5 of 15
And the Republicans used to, Strom Thurmond.

In my mind, there's plenty of ugly to go around on both sides.

Is sarahp still available?
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblanche View Post
And the Republicans used to, Strom Thurmond.

In my mind, there's plenty of ugly to go around on both sides.

Is sarahp still available?
Exactly.
Though lately McCain's camp is really trying to break the sleaze record. When Karl Rove says you went too far you have to take some time to do some introspection.

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/arc..._09/014716.php
post #7 of 15
I couldn't find anything showing that Thurmond was ever in the KKK. He was a segregationist while in the Democratic party, but never in the KKK as far as I can tell.
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportBikeMike View Post
I couldn't find anything showing that Thurmond was ever in the KKK. He was a segregationist while in the Democratic party, but never in the KKK as far as I can tell.
Segregationists were racists. Strom Thurmond was famous for his racism. Funny thing though is that had a biracial daughter that he fathered when he was 22. He paid for her upbringing, college and helped her financially as an adult. She did not reveal herself until after he died because she didn't think it was appropriate. She did not want to become a tabloid story.
She says that she loved him and respected him and that they had a good relationship.
He became more moderate about race as he got older.

It kind of makes you wonder about what is lurking in politician's closets.
post #9 of 15
Some of Obama's opponents have been taking the low road since well before he wrapped up the nomination. You should have seen the email I got earlier this year. (And there are a lot of those going around.) But this particular email was so disgusting it got me irritated enough that I took action. Most people don't remove the headers when they forward email, so in the header of this email I had all the senders and recipients. I sent an email to all of them. Of course, some of them bounced back, but one person replied with a rather nasty email and when I read it I knew I had my perp. As his bad luck would have it, his email address was his name. Worse luck for him, someone else emailed me wondering why I had accused her of forwarding the Obama email. We had a couple of email exchanges and I asked if she knew the name on the nasty reply. She said yes, and I said that was the name that was on all of the senders' headers. Bingo. She said she'd take care of it and I wouldn't be getting any more emails from that person. And I haven't.

Scratch one Obama hate-emailer.
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC12 View Post
Exactly.
Though lately McCain's camp is really trying to break the sleaze record. When Karl Rove says you went too far you have to take some time to do some introspection.
On the other hand, on the last day of the Democratic convention, McCain paid for an ad congratulating Obama. On the last day of the Republican convention, Obama armtwisted Bill O'Reilly into airing his interview. As I said, plenty of ugly to go around.

Did you know Obama has used the election laws to eliminate his competition in every election race so far?

I suspect John McCain is regretting the McCain/Feingold law right now. I know the Republicans are going to taunt him with it, if he loses.
post #11 of 15
I've been getting plenty of nasty stuff from both sides, as you might guess. I just delete them all.

Everyone should read the book "What It Takes," by Richard Ben Cramer. It tells you why you will never get a really nice, honest, clean person to run for President.

Except maybe sarahp.
post #12 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblanche View Post
Except maybe sarahp.
Oh, man, I hope she doesn't succumb to the Washington monster.
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblanche View Post
On the other hand, on the last day of the Democratic convention, McCain paid for an ad congratulating Obama. On the last day of the Republican convention, Obama armtwisted Bill O'Reilly into airing his interview. As I said, plenty of ugly to go around.

Did you know Obama has used the election laws to eliminate his competition in every election race so far?

I suspect John McCain is regretting the McCain/Feingold law right now. I know the Republicans are going to taunt him with it, if he loses.
It was Rupert Murdoch who arranged that interview. His wife is an Obama supporter. You know he wants to please his MUCH younger wife.
Obama has complimented McCain and has said nice things about McCain.
You can say McCain announced Palin when he did to steal Obama's thunder after the convention.

You really think Alan Keyes had a chance against Obama?

Why should McCain be taunted? If that was something he believed in then he should stand by it. A lot of the senators actually like each other regardless of affiliation. Which is why McCain's campaign strategy is so sad. He enjoyed a good reputation despite his temper tantrums and everything.
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC12 View Post
Which is why McCain's campaign strategy is so sad. He enjoyed a good reputation despite his temper tantrums and everything.
With those cheeks I just can't picture him blowing his top.
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportBikeMike View Post
I know I've seen cartoons of Condi Rice depicting her as Aunt Jemima. I guess thats OK since she's a conservative. IMO, liberals are ALOT more racist and sexist than conservatives. The Dems even have a ex-Klansman in the Senate (Robert Byrd).
I don't why you would single any group out for anything including being racist. To me racism sexism and prejudice begins with people pointing fingers at one group for one thing or another.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › Obama haters taking the low road