Goldy's Kittens are 3 weeks old (pics--lots of them)

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Hard to believe the babies are three weeks old already. They've grown so much. The red boy weighs over 1 pound now, and he started out at 4 oz.!

These pictures are all between 2-1/2 and 3 weeks old.

Lunch and Bath time combined

I'm Innocent

You're pinned

One more minute and I'm outa here

Shareena checking out the new kid on the block

Mo-o-om! She pushed me!

Naptime stretch

Pick me up. Hold me. I'm cute.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

No cuteness warning?????? Give them lots of kitty kisses from me
Originally Posted by Katch4

Yeah i agree.....no cuteness warning???? They are sooo sweet!
Oops! Sorry. My whole house is suffering from terminal cuteness. It's almost feeling like a normal state now.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, they are so adorable! I want to snuggle their little round bellies!

Suffering from terminal cuteness, huh? Sounds like a great way to go out. I'm in!

yarra

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OMG. Seriously. How stinkin' cute!!

I can't wait! Mia just had her litter a few days ago. 7 babies! I can't believe they get so big SO quick!!

It looks like you have your hands full with that bunch! Do you let them roam the house? When did you introduce them to the other kitties?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yarra

OMG. Seriously. How stinkin' cute!!

I can't wait! Mia just had her litter a few days ago. 7 babies! I can't believe they get so big SO quick!!

It looks like you have your hands full with that bunch! Do you let them roam the house? When did you introduce them to the other kitties?
They do grow really fast. They will be 4 weeks on Saturday. They started out at 3 oz., 3.7 oz, and 4 oz. Now they're 16.5, 17, and 20 oz. That's over a pound for each of them!

Goldy chose to give birth in the SMALLEST pet carrier that was under the piano. Once she had the babies dried off and herself mostly cleaned up, I moved them to a laundry basket, still under the piano. The first few nights I carried the basket (with Goldy and the babies in it) into my bedroom. I wanted to be close in case Shareena or Miss Patchwillow started picking on the kittens in the middle of the night.

I didn't do anything special to introduce my other cats to the kittens. They were curious at first but didn't do any more than peek into the basket. When I take the kittens out and put them on the floor Shareena will start grooming them. Every once in a while she gives one of them a swat--really just a light tap with her paw. Miss Patchwillow is scared of them. When one of those little critters moves toward her she backs away until she runs into something and scares herself silly. She's been spending a lot of time hiding under the loveseat.

The kittens figured out how to climb out of the basket two or three days ago. Now they're everywhere. I have to watch every step I take. Naturally they haven't learned how to climb back into the basket. I'm going to have to fix them a box with one low side so they can get in and out by themselves.

yarra

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
aww!

You are so lucky that the other kitties are allowed to look in. Mia is new to the house, we took her in as a preggo stray. So she is SUPER protective. She lets us in there though to hold them.

I am going to have to get a very large rubbermaid box I think. I can't afford to have 7 kittens getting out of the laundry basket and not able to get back in! lol

That's a lot of kittens!!

You must be having SO much fun!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for sharing. Despite all of the cats had, I have never been around a litter of new kittens so pictures like yours bring a light in to my corner of the world!