Daily Question for Sept 13th

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So here it is for today.

What was the first pet that was exclusively just yours?

Hate to admit this
being the cat person I am now but my very first exclusively mine pet was a little Jack Russell Terrier cross named Rusty..
I received him as a birthday present from my older brother when I was 5 years old..
I remember Grant (my brother) coming home from my Aunt's house, he walked in the house and I could hear this squeaky little sound coming from inside his jacket. He opened it up and handed me the tiniest puppy and it was love at first sight..
I even remember the lecture he gave me about taking good care of him because he was mine.
I had Rusty for 17 years..

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My first shared pet with my brother was hamster called hammy who bit me and gave me a huge cat(needed stitches) and then it developed septicimia lol ..

But my first pet which was MY repsonsibility was my budgie Nutty
after my uncle whos online nick name was Nutty crunch

And i love this bird so much , he had the cleanest cage , the best doors , i let him out every evening and the second he heard eastendars theme song come on tv he knew it was time to go in his cage.. i also taught him to say pretty boy.

He was less then a year i think when he did i remember waking up one day , and his cage was next to my bed and he wasnt on his perch and i slowly looked at the bottom of the cage and he was dead. boy did my heart break lol.

Jess x

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Now that you come down to it, I don't think I've ever had a pet that was just "mine."

Even though some cats started out that way, we all know about cat ownership.

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first pets were 2 goldfish called Rosie and Jim.

Then it moved onto Joey the budgie, then Barney the rabbit; Tabitha; Buttons; Zippy; Pip; Squeak; and then Mitzi.

None of them have been just mine though, I get the smooth (cuddling, playing) while my parents get the rough (cleaning out) lol
I help a lot though

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first pet was my dear Metallica. I got her when I was four years old and she lived almost 17 years
He did about a month after I joined this site.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was just a little girl, and technically she was a family pet, but she was more "my" cat, her name was Stoney and she was white with gray splotches, hence the name

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first pet was a black kitten who came into my life when I was 3 y/o; I named her Mimi (after my favorite book "Mimi the Merry-go-round Cat"); she cost my folks 25 cents. We had been to visit my grandparents in Kentucky and htey had a beautiful grey & white tabby named (you ready?) Tom Pennycuff. My bratty cousins and I fought over him constantly so my folks promised me a kitten when we got back home. Mimi was an indoor/outdoor cat (we're talking a very long time ago when that's what cats did). Before she was a year old she got her paw caught in a rat trap in our chicken coop; she walked with a limp for the rest of her life. She died in my arms at the age of 21 years and 2months. I buried her in my Dad's garden. She was a sweetie.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After I graduated from college and finally moved away from home I got a cat.

My oldest friend's family cat had kittens and only one was spoken for.
I had the name picked out already which was MC (my cat).
I knelt down by the kittens and called "come here MC" and took the first one that responded.
I had her for 13 years.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My first pet was a black lab pup named Jessie. I only had her 4 months, but I'll never forget her.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't even really remember, gosh isn't that horrible

In my defense though I grew up on a farm when I was little- so as far back as I can remember we've always had a ton of animals and I've always claimed them all

I think the first ones my mom bought specifically for me though were a pair of ducks (Quackers and Daisy May) when we lived on our farm. They were my babies

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I can't even really remember, gosh isn't that horrible

In my defense though I grew up on a farm when I was little- so as far back as I can remember we've always had a ton of animals and I've always claimed them all

I think the first ones my mom bought specifically for me though were a pair of ducks (Quackers and Daisy May) when we lived on our farm. They were my babies
It's funny you mention ducks as pets, I grew up on a farm as well and I had a duck named Cynthia for several years..She was a mallard that my dad found when he was fishing one day..She had gotten tangled up in some discarded fish line and hurt her wing..He brought her home and she spent the next few years living with our chickens..She loved humans for some reason and if you were outside doing anything she would follow you around..

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first pet was probably a catapillar

Ok, seriously, my first pet was a Californian Giant rabbit that I called Mopsey. He lived for over 10 years!