Question about background/criminal check websites.......

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone done a background/criminal check online? I was wondering what a good site was and if it's worth the money.

I want to know why he's been to jail, how long etc.
Drug charges
If he has any warrents
ect
ect
ect

Anything you know about these sites let me know! Price isn't a problem, the future MIL is paying for it whether she likes it or not.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've never used one to do a criminal background check, but did use one of the sites to track down an old friend. Sorry I don't remember which site it was. This post isn't very helpful, is it...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that's ok!!! it will bump it up and hopefully someone will have a good idea!!!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I looked up a family friend on a site and well got every person who had lived in the homes he had , his finacial info and other stuff NO one should get ,.,,

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ANy of the criminal background check sites will work. They all work off the sme premise. It's not priveledged information. It's a conglomeration of national public records that are freely available to anyone. They just do the research and compile the data. So any that you use are probably good.

Personally I wouldn't date anyone that was so intrusive they wanted to do a background check on me. Wouldn't even consider it.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah that does change things a bit if it's already a known fact that he's been to jail.

I'm a very private person and that kind of thing irks me. I'm probably more of a jerk about it than anyone I know.

I feel that even looking at a list of my emails in my inbox is wrong. I don't do it to others either. Looking inside my wallet is also a huge no-no.

So I'm probably just overly anal about it.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm....I can't find him on that website.....I need to find out when his birthday is and maybe his middle name. I know he's been to jail!

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah I was. And i'm surprised. Maybe it's different if the tables are turned on me?

Good question. I think my motivation was different when i posted that link. i was looking at people that worked for me. but I did say relationships huh? lol.

does that make me flakey?

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise