Anyone else very tired all the time?

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't say I am always tired but there are days like today for instance that I have very little energy..I have rheumatoid arthritis is my hands, wrists and shoulders and osteoarthritis in my knees..so when any of those things are acting up my energy levels are very low..

If you feel tired and have low energy levels perhaps a trip to the doctor for some blood work is in order. You may be anemic or have a infection of some kind. At least that would help you rule out whether it is a physical problem..

I find that getting a little more exercise and cutting back on sugar also helps a bit when l feel lethargic...

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
100% of the time actually, but that is to be expected from me since I have chronic mono and fibromyalgia,

But seriously, being tired all the time is even more exausting than just being tired! (I hope that made some semblance of scence)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have Anemia and Fibro but the blood test is ok right now. I take high dose Iron for the Anemia. I have arthritis and also exercise every day. I had a ferrian that was 4 a few years ago and a fast heartbeat cause by the Anemia.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You know how the fatigue syndrome is treated in Europe? At least some parts of it, anyway. They increase your salt intake.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm always tired with little energy anymore. I had Mono when I was a teenager but I didn't think that was a chronic condition that stayed with you(Thats interesting maybe that would explain some of it) I do have Hypothyroid condition that I take medication for the last 20years. My meds bring my thyoid to normal so I'm not sure if thats the cause. I am at the end of the change of life and thats supposed to make you tired. I don't know but I do get really burned out the older I get!

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
These days tired is my usual condition. I too have rheumatoid arthritis.

And downstairs neighbors that wake me up at all hours of the night with their loud TV.

Most days I don't let it get to me. Others like today, when it's rainy and drab, I feel really tired and stiff.

But on a good note....tomorrow I can sleep as long as I want.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I should get my Thyroid tested because that runs in my family. My Dad ha meds for it and my Grandpa died from a Heart Attack caused by Thyroid problems before I was born. I am in peri meno also.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mews2much

I have Anemia and Fibro but the blood test is ok right now. I take high dose Iron for the Anemia. I have arthritis and also exercise every day. I had a ferrian that was 4 a few years ago and a fast heartbeat cause by the Anemia.
Have you had your B12 and vitamin D checked lately? Simple enough blood tests.

Originally Posted by mrblanche

You know how the fatigue syndrome is treated in Europe? At least some parts of it, anyway. They increase your salt intake.
One reason this is done is because CFS /ME (and it's called over there) has an orthostatic intolerance factor in it. A high number of people with CFS have OI, NCS, or even POTS. With these often comes low blood volume and low blood pressure. The salt and increase fluids are supposed to increase blood volume and blood pressure.

I can't say it's help my blood pressure and volume any... or at least it hasn't help get rid of any of my symptoms.

I have low energy, and have for years. Blood tests check out fine aside for low potassium, low bun creatinine, and slightly elevated spe albumin - oh and recently elevated liver enzymes.
I just figure that going around with a standing heart rate typically in the 130s or so and low BP is enough to tire me out. My body is constantly fighting gravity - It adds a new meaning to feeling dragged down.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm tired all the time, as well, it seems. I do know that having Rheumatoid Arthritis is one cause. People with RA need to get a pretty good amount of sleep - at least 8 hours, I think. I can't remember the last time I got 8 hours at once. But I do usually get 4 at a time at least.

I'm surprised at how many others feel this way!

catlover603

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm tired most of the time but I guess it's do to lack of sleep and too much work. Some days I have to drag myself off my bed. My job is stressful too and that adds to the fatigue, I'm sure.

My doctor told me I have to get more sleep and learn to relax, otherwise I might develop more serious problems.

Claudia

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm tired all the time with no energy. I have all these things I want to do, and I can't get the energy to do them. I have no idea why. I've told the doctors, but they just kind of ignore me.

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am tired alot! I will be tired for like 3 days and then the next full of enegry. Then tired again the next day.

sportbikemike

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Exercise and diet are the key. I feel tired sometimes when I get home from work but then I go down in my basement and work-out and I'm a new man! Also, avoid sugar....it may give you a high at first but then you're energy will be completely zapped. Try drinking alot of water instead of soda pop also. Also, your mental outlook can have an effect on your energy level....try to keep a positive mental outlook.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ladies, don't forget to get your iron checked at your yearly checkup. I had low iron at a checkup and put it down to donating blood. But I got more and more tired, and by the next year I was having to nap before work, at noon, and after work, then I would go to bed to sleep. It turned out i was pretty anemic and just some one-a-day with iron really, really helped! Can you imagine, having to take a nap right after getting out of bed?

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have severe anemia all ready. I have high dose Iron for it. I will post what my numbers were soon.