I experienced something today that I think needs to be referred to whoever needs to know. Apparently there was some kind of problem earlier today. I got a VBulletin "database error" message. I've seen that before and the problem was with my IE6 browser. So, I fired up Firefox and tried again. This time, what I got was what looked like an index with several links, and the links were pointing to the config.php file in the script path!! Ooohhhh, bad, bad deal. Tempting as it was to see if I could read them, I passed, but I wonder who else might have seen that and yielded. I don't know if it would have been possible anyway. Depends how your permissions are set, I guess. But you might want to take measures if you feel they're necessary.
post #1 of 13
9/12/08 at 5:05pm