Some People Should Not Have Pets!

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to go eat what will probably be my last decent hot meal before we lose power, and while eating, I was watching the updates on the hurricane. Some
locked up their dogs in kennels, and the authorities were trying to rescue them before it's too late.
What the heck is wrong with people?! What kind of person would leave their pets locked up, while a severe hurricane is about to hit??

This just makes me soooo mad!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People are so stupid.
Another stupid thing is when we had some very bad storms here these idiots had a storm party and did not leave.
They died in the storm for not leaving.
I hope Ike weakens and dosent do alot of damage.

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's awful... I was watching a post-Katrina rescue show and they were saying how some people had locked animals in one story homes or tied them outside and the animals, sadly, drowned because they couldn't find high ground.

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow...I'd rather let my pet run loose and have a chance of finding safety/being rescued than let them drown because they were locked/chained up.

I'd just take them with me though. I can't think of many possessions I'd take with me before I took my pets!

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zoeysmom

Wow...I'd rather let my pet run loose and have a chance of finding safety/being rescued than let them drown because they were locked/chained up.

I'd just take them with me though. I can't think of many possessions I'd take with me before I took my pets!
I agree, if something like that ever happened and there was no way for me to take my pet, I'd definetely rather let them loose and give them a chance to survive rather than locking them up and giving them a definite death sentence. But both situations could be avoided if these people planned what they could do with their pets before a storm threatens.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fortunately I have not been faced with such a natural disaster that required evacuation...............yet and hopefully ever! But, without a doubt, Maia is my first concern of safe evacuation if ever anything happens, fire, flood, anything! Her carrier is where I can grab it easily and safely take her with me when and whatever!
I couldn't imagine leaving my pets behind in certain disaster!

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Things like that probably wouldn't happen if people were allowed to take their pets with them when they're threatened by severe storms like Ike. Forcing people to adandon their pets so they can get to safety is just plain wrong.

I was watching news reports on Ike this morning and it looks so bad down there right now. KittKatt, I hope you and all the others that are in the path of that storm will get through it safely. I'm sending lots of to you all!

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When I was living in Cali we had to evacuate due to fire's and my cat's were my first priority! I keep the kitty carriers in an easy to reach spot. I just do not understand why people lock up or tie up that animals. If you are leaving for your safty what makes people think it their pets will be fine?
I am praying for all of you that are in the storms path!! My sister and her family are about 100 miles from its current path. She should be fine just alot of wind and rain for her. Stay safe and I hope everything will be ok for you KittKatt.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lorie D.

Things like that probably wouldn't happen if people were allowed to take their pets with them when they're threatened by severe storms like Ike. Forcing people to adandon their pets so they can get to safety is just plain wrong.
It's not only wrong, it's now against the law. You know, don't you, that federal law now requires evacuees be able to take their pets with them?

zoeysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

It's not only wrong, it's now against the law. You know, don't you, that federal law now requires evacuees be able to take their pets with them?
I'm so glad you posted that! I didn't know there was a rule that people couldn't take their pets and am glad to hear that it is no longer in place! If I were ever in an evacuation situation, I would be angry if the people in front of me were able to take a suitcase of clothes when I wasn't able to take a carrier for my cats!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't imagine going through anything like that but what always scared me was trying to figure out what to do for my horses if I had to evacuate. But I would rather set them loose then let them die.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zoeysmom

I thought of this thread when I saw this picture.

Frederika Kotin kisses her dog Belle as her home burns behind her after Hurricane Ike hit Galveston, Texas September 13, 2008.
REUTERS/Jessica Rinaldi (UNITED STATES)

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Hur...icane-ike.html

Perspective.
This picture really touched my heart! At least they have each other and grateful for it! Life is precious, in all forms!