Blood Test results re; Kidneys

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I have looked here and elsewhere but it`s just getting me confused. I`m just trying to find out how bad these results really are and I hope someone here can give me an idea?

TEST________RESULT_________UNIT__________REFERENCE

Albumin*****29************g/L**********(25-39)

Alkaline-
Phosphatase*49*********** U/L*********(0-170)

ALT********108***********U/L*********(0-120)

Creatinine***H**561********umol/L*******(0-190)

Glucose*****7.0***********mmol/L*******(3.5-7.5)

Total Protein**71***********g/L**********(55-79)

Urea******H**13.4******** mmol/L*******(2.8-11.0)

optionken

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I do not know the reference ranges used in the UK so I have nothing to judge how high the creatinine actually is. The elevated bun (urea)and creatinine usually indicate at early kidney disease but the numbers can come down.
Good thing in the report are that the albumin isn't low. An important thing to watch is phosperous levels and i do not see them there
Please join the yahoo crf group http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/F...ec=group&slk=3
They can translate the numbers and offer some good advise. Although there may be some different opinions in the group, there is no better a knowledge base then the accumalitive knowledge of 1000 people trying to treat the same thing
Best of luck

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by optionken

I do not know the reference ranges used in the UK so I have nothing to judge how high the creatinine actually is. The elevated bun (urea)and creatinine usually indicate at early kidney disease but the numbers can come down.
Good thing in the report are that the albumin isn't low. An important thing to watch is phosperous levels and i do not see them there
Please join the yahoo crf group http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/F...ec=group&slk=3
They can translate the numbers and offer some good advise. Although there may be some different opinions in the group, there is no better a knowledge base then the accumalitive knowledge of 1000 people trying to treat the same thing
Best of luck
Thank you. I will join but this cat doesn`t belong to me so I`m limited with what I can do to help him
It`s complicated but his owner is not going to pay for treatment and unless something horrible happens to one of my two, I just don`t have the room for him and no one else wants him.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaffacake

Thank you. I will join but this cat doesn`t belong to me so I`m limited with what I can do to help him
It`s complicated but his owner is not going to pay for treatment and unless something horrible happens to one of my two, I just don`t have the room for him and no one else wants him.
If you go to the site www.felinecrf.org, it lists values similarly, but yes, these are high values. Even if the owner is not willing to pay for treatment, they can change the cats diet, add a simple phos binder, if needed to the food or potassium supplement if needed, and encourage water intake. No need for this cat to just suffer. Please visit the sticky on crf, and the site I mentioned, it has good info on diet etc. that you can share with the owner.

I wish this kitty all the best.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

If you go to the site www.felinecrf.org, it lists values similarly, but yes, these are high values. Even if the owner is not willing to pay for treatment, they can change the cats diet, add a simple phos binder, if needed to the food or potassium supplement if needed, and encourage water intake. No need for this cat to just suffer. Please visit the sticky on crf, and the site I mentioned, it has good info on diet etc. that you can share with the owner.

I wish this kitty all the best.
Thank you.
I`m going to do my best to help him even if I have to be a bit sneaky