Your mom

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep in mind how important your mom is in your life. You all should call her today just to say 'I love you'.
Today is my day to remind people that their moms are so important. Please, just take a minute to call her. Getting other people to do that for their moms is my way of letting my mom know I love her. If your mom is gone, smile and know that she is looking down on you and loving you right now.

Thank You.

Be safe.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MyRage

Keep in mind how important your mom is in your life. You all should call her today just to say 'I love you'.
Today is my day to remind people that their moms are so important. Please, just take a minute to call her. Getting other people to do that for their moms is my way of letting my mom know I love her. If your mom is gone, smile and know that she is looking down on you and loving you right now.

Thank You.

Be safe.
I love my Mom dearly, she's such a great person. We see each other almost every day. If not, we always talk on the phone. We are going to lunch today.

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i'm very close to my mum and dad and they have recently moved out of town and I miss them

I tried calling they must be out doing crazy kids stuff again!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When my mom died I didnt get to the hospital in time. I got a phone call that she has a 50/50 chance then a few minutes later it was to late. We did go to the hospital anyway to say goodbye. Tomorrow will be 9 years since she died at a little after 5 at night. When I got married We did a tribute t her and i had her wedding pic there.

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aw

I love my mum so much it hurts.

I even miss her when i go to college or out with friends. I also live with her so am able to constantly talk to her when needed , watch programs we are both intrested him and of course gossip , i know she is always there for me and i am for her , she is not just my mum , but my bestest forever friends xxxlove you mumxxx
Jess x

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I talk to my mom almost every Friday evening, while I'm driving to work. (Don't worry, I have a bluetooth earphone, so still have both hands on the steering wheel).

I used to see her every day, but my parents moved to another town about a year and a half ago, so it's down to about once a week on the phone.

My dad is in Alzheimer's care. Mother still spends time with him every day, but she's very lonely after 58 years of marriage.

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by junior_j

Aw

I love my mum so much it hurts.

I even miss her when i go to college or out with friends. I also live with her so am able to constantly talk to her when needed , watch programs we are both intrested him and of course gossip , i know she is always there for me and i am for her , she is not just my mum , but my bestest forever friends xxxlove you mumxxx
Jess x
Ditto!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I call my mom every morning on my way to work and also every evening before bed
And we talk about 10 more times between then usually

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
call my mom every morning on my way to work and also every evening before bed And we talk about 10 more times between then usually
I wish I had that kind of relationship with my Mom. I see her twice a week--once to take her on her errands (she never learned how to drive) and once just to have coffee and visit for an hour or 2. She & I have never been close; my Dad always said it was because we were too much alike, which really doesn't make any sense. I'm ashamed of myself some times---I'm short tempered with her when I know I should be more understanding. I imagine someday I'll regret not being a better daughter.
It's strange; when my siblings and I were growing up I don't ever remember Mom saying "I Love You' to any of us. Since my Dad (who I was very close to) passed away, she says it 3 or 4 times each time we see her. I know she's lonely sometimes and at her age (86) thinking she doesn't have much time left (both of her parents lived into their late 90s), but seriously, one 'I love you' per visit would be enough. God, that sounds awful of me, doesn't it?
When she had knee replacement surgery, then had complications, I was at the hospital 90% of the time. I'm good about doing my "daughterly duty", but just don't feel a closeness to her. It makes me sad.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would not speak to my mother any more than necessary if she were still alive. We never got along as long as I can remember. I was diagnosed with leukemia when I was 5, and she would make me go to my ballet classes right after my treatment. I was wonderful as long as I let her live vicariously through me, and when I stopped, I was horrible, slutty, lived only to embarrass her. She accused me of doing things I didn't even know what they meant. I had a twin sister that lived only a few hours, and dear old mom got me a tshirt that said Evil Twin for my birthday when I turned 16. She was sure the other one would have been perfect.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

I love my Mom dearly, she's such a great person. We see each other almost every day. If not, we always talk on the phone. We are going to lunch today.
Me, too! Right down to the lunch today part!
We both live in the same town, about 5 mins by car apart, and we both work in the same town, also about 5 mins by car apart!
So, yeah, I see her everyday- we commute together! With my hubby. We made plans a few days ago to do lunch together today. KFC. We're the last of the big spenders.

She's first on my speed dial and a huge percentage of my text messages on my cell are to and from her, as well! I even conned her in to signing up on here so she can see her furry grand daughter (Evie) when I post her pictures!

Though I can't forget my dad, he's a great guy, too!

Very sweet post, MyRage.
It says a lot about you and your mom as well!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your good stories about your moms. I know some moms aren't as nice as others. My mom was my angel.
She was an angel. She was the youngest of 6 kids, the second to pass. She was everyone's fave aunt. I was so lucky to have her for my mom. When she passed, I had so many people come up to me and tell me what a great person she was. How much they loved her. How great a friend she was.

Pictures of her if anyone is interested.

try this one...

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=1700744

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would love to see some pics, it says the link is invalid though.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The 2nd link worked

Thank you for sharing those pics with us. Your Mom looked like she had a life full of love and family around her. I hope you are able to go back through these pics and smile even though this is such a sad anniversary for you. I hope her memories bring you warmth and comfort.

Thank you for reminding us to appreciate and love our Mothers

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MyRage

Thank You.

Be safe.
thank you for starting this thread

I took a break and called my mom & she shared a couple of very special family stories. As soon as I get semi-caught up at work today, I'm typing them up, before they are forgotten..............
I love the pics of your mom - she looks so much like my friend, Sonja L...I see she is a kitty lover, too
I am sure that she and my Miss Toby are great acquaintances by now

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I only spoke to my mom 3 times today and I have to call her later as she was trying the soup that I canned for her and brought Monday when she had her surgery.

We talk several times/week!