A good man is gone....

pipersjo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Some of you may know that my grandfather has been on hospice since January. This morning he went to sleep and never woke up. Of course, it was expected but it doesn't make it any easier. My parents divorced when I was 5 and my sister and I lived with our grandparents for 10 years so they basically raised us. I was lucky enough to have been able to see him last Saturday and tell him good bye, but I feel so bad for my sister because I told her over the weekend that she needed to try to get to see him soon (my grandparents are 8 hours away) because it would not be long. I am just so glad that I was able to see him and he was coherent and actually having a really good day when i saw him. He slept a lot but his sense of humor was intact when he was awake. I can't help but feel like he had said his good byes and that he was ready to go because I was one of the last ones that needed to see him (everyone else had seen him with in the past few months except my mom but thats another story). Maybe that is wishful thinking orsomething along those lines, but the hospice nurse had said that she thought he would make it until the end of the month and she is a very experienced hospice nurse from what I was told. I am not a hospice nurse so I wouldn't have even been able to guess when i saw him the other day. I didn't get along with him very well when I was younger, but once I was away from them for a while, our relationship changed and we got along very well. I will miss him a lot. My grandparents would have been married 59 years at the end of next month.

Sorry this is so disorganized,not particularly eloquent, and long-- lack of sleep is getting to me.

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Rest in peace to your dear grandfather ,and love and prayers to your family x

You will all hopefully meet again one day
Jess x

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MyRage

I am very sorry for your loss. I will be thinking of you.

be safe.
but i envy your grandfather's manner of passing... quiet, calm, peaceful...
my grandfather passed in much the same way - went to sleep after lunch one day & never woke back up.