Daily Thread Sept 11 2008

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning All!!!!

Looks like I am the first one to get here this morning

Sunny but very chilly here looks like it will warm up as the day progresses however..

Heading off to work shortly, paperwork day so will be spending most of it hiding in my office..

Nothing special planned for this evening, my sister is coming into town later so may see if she wants to go out for dinner not sure yet though.

Kitties are good this morning, doing various kitty things..

Everyone have a great day

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Good morning!!

It looks like a beautiful day today and I will be heading to the university soon. I am waiting for my homemade granola cereal to cool down before having breakfast (homemade is soooooo good. I can never go back to store-bought now
)

Not much planned for today. I don't have classes but I will go to school to do some reading.
I have a yoga class at 5pm but I haven't decided if I would go yet. My muscles still hurt from Tuesday's class. I guess I was getting rusty

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's a sunny day here today for a change. 2 1/2 hours then i'm off home to see the babies, then i'll get cracking with my housework

Originally Posted by marie-p

I am waiting for my homemade granola cereal :
What is that exactly?. I see tubs of it in my local Starbucks, is it like a porridge?

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Gronola ( i think )

Is like crunchy sort of ceral with fruit lol , im not sure , i know me and mum ate a whole box of it in one sitting once. (it had pecans in yummy)

Good afternoon all..

Not much planned for today really , i have college tomorrow, first official day as i went yesterday for my 'induction day' very intresting , start of a new adventure. (im doing health and social care , first aid , sign language in college)

The 4 kittens are being pests , they are trying to eat flowers and paper , attacking the dog and trying to nick our lunch of our plates lol
little fuzzbutts.

I need to do some excersise today really..
Clean the ratties out and litter tray and scrub the feeders..(kittens food bowls)
Jess x

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another boring day at work today. Plumber is coming to get the rubber ducky out of the drain that fell down there when Riley and Xander got their baths on Sunday.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

Another boring day at work today..
That sums up my day at work, too!
Busy, hectic, and BORING. Ugh.

Cold and cloudy here today. Chilly, too. You know, that cold that reaches in through your jackets... Ugh. Yesterday it stayed icky all day, and though I hope for better today, I don't expect it.

Not much going on with me today, other than work. Probably just do some house work once I get home. And play with babies, of course.
Don't even have to cook dinner since we have so many leftovers!

Kitties are both good this morning. Trying to get them properly introduced so Cronos can come out in the rest of the house with us, but Evie sure doesn't want him! We'll see who wins!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BelongsToEvie

That sums up my day at work, too!
Busy, hectic, and BORING. Ugh.

Cold and cloudy here today. Chilly, too. You know, that cold that reaches in through your jackets... Ugh. Yesterday it stayed icky all day, and though I hope for better today, I don't expect it.

Not much going on with me today, other than work. Probably just do some house work once I get home. And play with babies, of course.
Don't even have to cook dinner since we have so many leftovers!

Kitties are both good this morning. Trying to get them properly introduced so Cronos can come out in the rest of the house with us, but Evie sure doesn't want him! We'll see who wins!
Well, Janet, here it is sunny and going to be about 90 F.
Maybe I'll take a drive over to where you live. Won't take me more than 1/2 hour. I'll get my jacket out of storage.

I am remembering 9/11 so I am not such a happy camper today.

Other than that, I am getting waxed and then being a soccer Mom and taking Ben to soccer practice.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

Well, Janet, here it is sunny and going to be about 90 F.
Maybe I'll take a drive over to where you live. Won't take me more than 1/2 hour. I'll get my jacket out of storage.
I was just thinking after work I'll have to take a drive out your way, Rosemary!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello!!

Wanted to get some work done before the rain-which lasted about 10 minutes.

My two usual Thursday clients-one I had to remove a bunch of perennials that had spread into another perennial. If it was me I would have tossed them into compost pile but no instead I had to replant them in another area (during the rain).

Picked up some missing ingredients for tomato and also mango salsa I will prep later.

Right now my body is saying naptime!! But I have more priming of boards to do as I didn't do any yesterday.
Its overcast and in the mid 60's with more (hopefully) rain coming but we need more that 10 drops!!.

And for Rosiemac: Granola when I make mine is rolled oats, honey,maple syrup, different types of nuts, a veg oil and possibly dried fruit which is mixed together then spread out on large baking pans and baked until lightly brown and crunchy. Good as a snack or I mix in yoghurt.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a little late to this thread.

Yesterday I went to the mall one last time with my best friend before she moves this weekend. We just sort of spent the afternoon together like old times.

After that I came home and primed/sealed up the master bathroom walls for several hours - i still need to put another coat or two on there today before i can even think about painting.

When I was done with that I watched a special on 9/11 and just took some time to light a candle and say a prayer for everyone.