R.I.P Sir Blackcurrant

jenny_may

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sir Blackcurrant was 14 years old. I took him to the vets for a check up on the 9th, so that was Tuesday. 2 days ago. However, the vet found a tangerine sized lump in his tummy. they did an x ray and there was an even larger lump inside his tummy attached to his spleen. They put him to sleep as soon as he was out of the x ray. I still can't believe it. I had him since i was 5 he was like my best friend. We buried him in the garden with his collar and matt. It was horrible, because i tried to put his collar on him and he was all cold and scary and not my Blackcurrant at all

It's hard to sleep because I think of him in that box.

I feel guilty, because i didn't notice anything was wrong but he seemed totally fine... he was a rescue kitty. we found him stray, stuck up a tree.

I miss him so much

RIP Blacky xxxxx

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Rest in peace, Sir Blackcurrant.

And please be gentle with yourself. Cats are amazing at hiding their pain and ailments. He knows you did your best and that you loved him greatly.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny_May

It was horrible, because i tried to put his collar on him and he was all cold and scary and not my Blackcurrant at all
Awwww that's because he had already left his body and was half way across Rainbow Bridge

Like Jana said, be gentle with yourself because the main thing is you didn't let him suffer

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's so hard in the first days after we lose our beloved babies.
i'm so very sorry for you that it happened so quickly, but as rosiemac says, your precious blackcurrant did not suffer.

RIP Sir Blackcurrant.

catpapa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Did you ever stop to think, maybe he didn't let his pain show because he loved you too much?

The relationships we have with our pets is amazing, so just remember, you gave him 14 years of love and unforgettable memories.

You did nothing wrong....in fact, you did it all perfect.

Rest In Peace Sir Blackcurrant.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatPapa

You did nothing wrong....in fact, you did it all perfect.
you did the absolute right thing!
for your actions - but
to help ease your loss... & a
for Sir Blackcurrant

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rest in peace, Sir Blackcurrant

You gave him a long, happy life. I hope you find your peace soon