What colour is my little girl??

angel80

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, I've just posted in the 'new cats on the block' thread to introduce my special little girl Willow but me and my boyfriend would like some help with her colour.
She is our first cat and is 3 years old now. When we had her as a kitten we were told that she was the one that nobody wanted from the litter but we fell in love with her sraight away

We took her to the vets for a check up and they said she was perfect. We then took her home and she was instantly part of the family

She is an indoor cat as we don't want her to get hurt even though she has had all her injections and been neutered it makes us feel safe, she is happy and that makes us happy.

Willow has a big fluffy tail and really long whiskers!! We love her white chest and stomach. She has made us so happy and we love her so much
We are still learning things with her everyday. As she is our first cat we are not to sure on breeds and colours but we presume that she is a british medium or long hair but not sure on her colour?

Here are some photos to see if you can help, thank you

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OHHH my. She's gorgeous! She's a Brown Patched Tabby/White. While she may look "calico" to some, the colors are not black/red - they are brown tabby markings with red tabby mixed in.

I bet she would win some ribbons if you showed her in household pet classes

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

OHHH my. She's gorgeous! She's a Brown Patched Tabby/White. While she may look "calico" to some, the colors are not black/red - they are brown tabby markings with red tabby mixed in.

I bet she would win some ribbons if you showed her in household pet classes
She is stunning! And this is REALLY high praise from GoldenKitty!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is gorgeous! I agree with GK about her colour. What about those whiskers though, they are amazingly long and beautiful

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have to sing praises about her eye color
It's the same shade as the red in her coat, which is something that judges readily award in HHP competitions
Beautiful girl!

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow, she is a BEAUTIFUL cat!!! Simply stunning! I also love that first baby pic of her sleeping - precious!

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She does have calico tendencies, but she does remind me a bit of a Maine Coon! Her whiskers, they say kinda means (?) that detemines how big of a cat she may become! That may not be true, just heresay! Cats are suppose to grow into their whiskers, because it has been said that if a cat comes
up to an opening and his whiskers can't fit the opening, then he won't go
through it! Your baby is gorgeous!!! Whatever breed she is!!!
Monique

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angel80

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your lovely comments

GoldenKitty, thanks for the colour advice that was a great help. Your comments were really nice

Carwashcats, do you think she has any maine coon in her? as for her whiskers we thought that as she was growing that she would end up being a big cat because of their length but she is 3 years old now and since she stopped growing has stayed at 3kg so to us she doesn't seem that big

Anyway thank you all again, it's nice to know that there is somewhere to come and chat about our furries and to show our photos of our princess as we love to take them (when she keeps still)

Here are some that I took just yesterday

Just relaxing

I'm gonna get you

Caught you

Now i'm going to eat you!!

Tangled

Sitting pretty

Sleeping with Pluto

I hope you like them

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YOu know, she may have some MC in her. She's a long hair, solid cat with ear tufts and a nice ruff. And furry pawsies!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to see, she is one of the prettiest cats I've seen in a long time. She looks very healthy. I would never have guessed she weighed only 7 pounds, which is very small for a Maine Coon. Beautiful coat condition!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angel80

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I have to see, she is one of the prettiest cats I've seen in a long time. She looks very healthy. I would never have guessed she weighed only 7 pounds, which is very small for a Maine Coon. Beautiful coat condition!
Thank you for your lovely comments.
Everytime we take her to the vets for her check up they always say before they weigh her that they bet she is still 3kg!! She is quite small but eats and drinks well
I think her fur makes her look heavier than she actually is, her tail must be the heaviest part of her body as there is a lot of fur there
Her fur has always been soft and silky. She grooms well and we brush her when she lets us (she loves her head and back brushed but you dare touch her tail)

She makes us smile everyday which is why we take lots of these

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is gorgeous! It's really hard to tell if she has MC or any other breed in her. She could also have some Persian in her but it's just impossible to tell. But who cares??!! She is a doll baby!!