Help - Books about Feline Health & Behavior

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was reading the thread about raw food that mschauer started, and she recommended a book for people who were interested in raw feeding. And I got to thinking that maybe it would be nice if there was a thread that just had different books about cats that TCS members recommended that we read!

(I admit, the cause is someone selfish - I am doing a research paper in English Composition about what we should and should not feed our pets, and I would love a list of recommended books so that I could get a few now and have time to read them before I write my paper!)

Please, recommend away! Also, if this isn't the place for this thread, can the mods move it? I thought Health & Nutrition might be good because if people are having issues with their animal, maybe they can get advice from one of the books people suggest.

Thanks everyone!

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zorana_dragonky

I was reading the thread about raw food that mschauer started, and she recommended a book for people who were interested in raw feeding. And I got to thinking that maybe it would be nice if there was a thread that just had different books about cats that TCS members recommended that we read!
First, a clarification. "Your Cat" by Dr. Hodgkins isn't really about raw feeding. The full title is "Your Cat: Simple Secrets to a Longer, Stronger Life" and is in general about life long cat care although there is a strong emphasis on the role diet plays in cats long term health.

You might also be interested in "Whole Health for Happy Cats: A Guide to Keeping Your Cat Naturally Healthy, Happy, and Well-Fed", Sandy Arora. This is a guide to caring for your cat holistically. Raw and homemade cooked diets are discussed in this book (along with a lot of other things). There is a companion website, www.holisticat.com.

Good luck with your paper!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mschauer

First, a clarification. "Your Cat" by Dr. Hodgkins isn't really about raw feeding. The full title is "Your Cat: Simple Secrets to a Longer, Stronger Life" and is in general about life long cat care although there is a strong emphasis on the role diet plays in cats long term health.

You might also be interested in "Whole Health for Happy Cats: A Guide to Keeping Your Cat Naturally Healthy, Happy, and Well-Fed", Sandy Arora. This is a guide to caring for your cat holistically. Raw and homemade cooked diets are discussed in this book (along with a lot of other things). There is a companion website, www.holisticat.com.

Good luck with your paper!
Thank you! I didn't mean to be misleading. I mistook what you said and thought you recommended the book to people for raw feeding because it was in a raw feeding thread! I am absolutely interested in one that is about all kinds of feline health issues though. That is even better!

Thanks so much for the titles! I love reading, and excuses to buy more books.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Four paws five directions ... by cheryl swartz" note I cannot spell

skimble

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
CAT WRANGLING MADE EASY by Dusty Rainbolt. Full of information about cat behavior whether you have one cat or many cats. Humor interjected throughout that makes for an easy read and something we can all relate to.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much everyone! I can't wait to get these.
I'm excited that my professor is letting me writing my paper on this. Actually, she seemed excited about being able to read it, which never happens. People always want to write about abortion or gay rights or teen pregnancy or something, and I bet English Comp professors get really bored of reading about that.

She has a dog and a cat, and I think she is genuinely interested. I hope I can enlighten some other people in my class, too!

Anyone else?