My foster cat is bleeding

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She had babies 2 days ago. But today I noticed she's bleeding a little in her vagina.

Is this something that can be normal after having babies? i dind't see this yesterday. just started.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yuck. it was bright red.

I didn't see it on her vagina, but her fur is black there. I saw it on her tail where it had bumped into the blood i'm sure. I'll play it by ear until someone else gives me some direction but I'm not going to panic. I figured it might just be because her insides were still cleaning out.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

. I'll play it by ear until someone else gives me some direction but I'm not going to panic.
No i wouldn't panic either. And your idea of bright red might be dark if you know what i mean?.

When i read your posts i thought "Oh no!!", but then when i googled it and read it was normal i though "Of course it is you silly woman, it happens to women who have just had babies as well!"
You can tell i havent had kids though

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah with all the help here this has been a MUCH smoother event. Gaye, mrblanche, Abymumy and Rosie have all been GREAT help1

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it's important to know not to interfere if it's not necessary, just as much as to know when you need to help.

You did great with helping the first kitten to get latched onto a milk supply and warming up the last one.