Houston and Hurricane Ike

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Uh-oh... We're supposed to be flying into Houston tomorrow, then onto Dubai. Looks like Ike is bearing down on Texas, and Bush has declared a state of emergency.

I have to call the airline tonight for an update on how things are looking.

How are all you Texans doing? Have you started preparing just in case? Are you worried?

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm actually headed to Boston, quite coincidentally, right when Ike hits.

Of course, College Station is about 90 miles north of Houston, so the worst that we'll probably get is some heavy rain. Someone's looking in on the cats for me every day, so they should be fine.

I'm thinking and praying for you guys in Galveston/Houston though!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, i'm so far north [only about an hour from oklahoma!] that it's not really going to affect me - my cousins who live in houston, tho, will probably get some weather - assuming they're even still there & haven't evacuated already!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So is Houston evacuating?

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in central Texas so the worst we will get is horrendous flooding which we really need! I am tired of all these grass fires starting and the severe drought we are in. I hope everyone on the coast makes it out ok!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ran into such powerful rain on the way home from work today that I almost had to pull off the road -- it was blinding. But it wasn't Ike, of course... I don't know where it came from!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I ran into such powerful rain on the way home from work today that I almost had to pull off the road -- it was blinding. But it wasn't Ike, of course... I don't know where it came from!
it came from up here - we had it earlier today.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohhhhhh I hope the winds stay away tomorrow, I really want to go on my holiday!!!!!