Sundae!

vereyna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This, ladies and gents, is Sundae. She is so dubbed for her appearance. To me, she has vanilla ice cream topped with caramel and hot fudge. Lol! She is a little over 3 months old and I've had her for a couple of weeks now. I LOVE HER!! I have been wanting another kitten for about a year now. Searching petfinder and craigslist almost every day. I stumbled upon this gem and knew it was meant to be.

If you can tell by the pictures I posted, she looks like an orange tabby underneath all that black. The orange isn't solid, its striped. But then she has splashes of solid black all over (and I love her 'two-face' black/orange on her face hehe).

Is she a Tortie or a Calico? Of course I don't care either way, it would just be nice to know. At first I called her a calico only because every tortie I see is much more black and the orange is mixed in, not how it is on Sundae. But now I am leaning toward tortishell?? Let me know if you have knowledge on this! Thanks!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and Sundae to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is pretty.

Tortie - black/red colors blended together.

Calico - white cat with patches of black and red (at least 1/2 or more of the cat is white).

Tortie and White. Basically black/red patches or mingled together and white on face, chest, legs, belly.

I would call her tortie and white rather then a calico, as she has more color then white

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola SUNDAE y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi SUNDAE and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vereyna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

She is pretty.

Tortie - black/red colors blended together.

Calico - white cat with patches of black and red (at least 1/2 or more of the cat is white).

Tortie and White. Basically black/red patches or mingled together and white on face, chest, legs, belly.

I would call her tortie and white rather then a calico, as she has more color then white
Thanks everyone! And thank you Goldenkitty that's what I was thinking. Thanks so much !!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I am so glad that you and sweet Sundae have joined our wonderful community of caring people who love cats. See you around the site.

sport

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS.
This is a great place, with great people
and great advice. Glad to have you as part of our family.

Rob & Sport