If You Could Change One Thing About Yourself That You Don't Like...

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What would it be?

I'll be the first to admit that I'm far from perfect, and am trying to become a better person. My biggest flaw is being too cynical.
I never used to be that way, but ever since I had the relationship with the abusive ex-b/f, I've become very distrustful of people, and sometimes jump to conclusions about someone before getting to really know them - and I don't like being that way.
I'm trying to overcome my cynicism, but it's not easy sometimes.
I wish I could get back to being the trusting person that I once was..

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can it be a physical thing? Because I wouldn't mind a new back. You want one, too? New backs for everyone in fact!

(trying to lighten the mood a little
)

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i'd like to be taller - not a lot taller, just 3-4 inches would be nice [i'm 5'2.5"]...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Can it be a physical thing? Because I wouldn't mind a new back. You want one, too? New backs for everyone in fact!

)
I appreciate the humor!

Nah, I really don't think it's due to my back situation - although I'm sure the pain does have a big effect on a lot of things. My back's been messed up for over thirty years, and even when I had to go through back surgery I still remained optimistic & cheerful. It's a pretty common thing to become cynical, after surviving an abusive relationship: I learned that after I became involved with an online support group, which dealt with peeps who had been through abusive relationships. Most of them became very cynical, too.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hey, if you're taking orders, sign me up!!

Besides the obvious (thinner, taller, younger), I think I would want to be more confident in myself and what I am able to do. I second guess myself constantly and it gets on my nerves!

Oh, and I would LOVE to be able to carry a tune.

sportbikemike

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm too impatient, I drive/ride too fast, I eat too much pizza, among other things.

Actually IMO everyone on here is pretty awesome, regardles of any small flaws. People who have compassion for animals are the best the human race has to offer!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

)
yea, i broke mine, can i get a new one

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

Nah, I really don't think it's due to my back situation
I didn't think it did on most things, but hey - who wouldn't want to be free of pain and not have to worry about "How much will I be hurting later?". Getting stuck on the toilet because you can't stand up is a real bummer, too...

Originally Posted by gailuvscats

I'd become thirty years younger.
But does that mean you have to become thirty years less mature, as well?

Originally Posted by calico2222

I second guess myself constantly and it gets on my nerves!:
Everyone second guesses themselves, no one's perfect and those who think they are or seem to be have their own issues. Just be you... and tell that little critical voice to shut up.

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
this is a bit personal but you asked so Im answering honestly...

Id like to have a regular period one that comes every 28 days(or atleast every month) Id like to get rid of my PCOS so that I can have regular hormones and have the body I once had back...I hate being the size I am people look at me and assume because I am over weight I must love to eat junk food and fast food and I probably go through 24 soft drinks a week! I hate people like that. I went to Mcd's the other day to get a parfait and a water and the cashier had the nerve to ask me "are you sure you dont want a double cheese burger or are you trying to eat better so you can lose weight?" Yes I spoke to the manager it was rather rude and really ticked me off. I just want to feel attractive again!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brandi

I went to Mcd's the other day to get a parfait and a water and the cashier had the nerve to ask me "are you sure you dont want a double cheese burger or are you trying to eat better so you can lose weight?" Yes I spoke to the manager it was rather rude and really ticked me off. I just want to feel attractive again!
that was EXTREMELY rude & completely uncalled for - you were right to speak to the manager. that cashier shouldn't comment on ANYONE'S order!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

An excellent choice! Put me down for that one, too!
as long as i get to keep the 'wisdom' i've acquired thru living those 30 years!

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have hazel eyes. I always wanted to have blue eyes.

brown hair w/ blue eyes... would be a pretty pretty me... My Dad has blue eyes. When I was in HS I wore blue contacts, they were really good ones, no one knew my eyes were not blue, I got alot of attn from guys, comments on my eyes... I started to feel bad ... playing w/ peoples emotions on a 'fake' physical trait... I took them out & wore regular contacts... they thought my eyes changed color ( wow guys are not to smart )

oh well... I guess I can thank my dad for the gene & I have a blue eyed son

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a great question! I will take a new back, please! Also a new neck, shoulders, and head (but you can put my brain inside). That would be awesome!

Other than that, the thing about myself that I would really like to change is my dedication. What I mean to say is that I would like to LOSE my massive tendency towards procrastination and killing of time and replace it with dedication, good time management, and a great work ethic. I spend more time telling myself how I will do better and coming up with plans to do better at getting my work done, getting my school work done, getting my housework done, etc. than I actually do WORKING on any of it. It's getting pretty terrible.
And I don't have time to waste! I work full time and go to school full time, and here I am on TCS all the time, "Oh, it will just be for a few minutes..." and an hour later I haven't started my assignment.

I need a support group, some kind of 12 step procrastinator group...