Two Months to Live????

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, if one only had 2 months to live they'd probably be too sick to do much of anything (ie - hooked to an iv, feeding tube, on dialysis, etc) ... But otherwise I'd see if I could bump up my life insurance.
Make sure a will was in order and all.. I should probably do that soon anyways, even simple surgeries can have complications.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

What would you do if you knew you only had 2 more months to live?
hmmm...instead of just tossing this out there, please reassure us that all is well with you and yours first?!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I would likely start taking multiple trips to take my kids to their "new" mom ... quit work and play all day long and take a few roadtrips

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rest assure I am well, DH is well, cats are well. No where in my question does it mention that you are sick or dying.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

No where in my question does it mention that you are sick or dying.
Well if one is just going to spontaneously keel over they'd hardly be expecting it. Besides, there's nothing saying that you shouldn't be living every day as it if might be your last - treating people decently/ showing compassion, and so on. You could walk out to get the mail tomorrow and get hit by a car.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1. Make arrangement for my kitties to be taken care of. I would need to know that they will be loved and cared for.

2. Throw away things that I wouldn't want my family to see when they are sorting through things after I'm dead

3.Then probably spend the rest of the time crying and so depressed because I would be counting down the days until doomsday!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I'd both be even more direct and blunt and at the same time, let a lot more slide off my shoulders..it just wouldn't really matter, and I'd be a lot more expressive of the general love I feel for other humans.

I'd make sure all was in order, then do my best to see the most important folks in my life (since they are all scattered hither and yon), spend every moment I could doing things with dh that we've put off. And find a way to transfer my business and my toy designs to a friend, as I think it could be a blessing to someone else too.

I'd get some serious prayer and reflection time in, and set myself straight as much as I could with the time left.

Maybe see if I could set up a gift for a charity of my choice (or two or three).

And yes, I'd probably eat some good quality carbs

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get my affairs in order just in case then see if I can't change "destiny". I think I could. All the while enjoying life, cherishing my loved ones, going to Europe and Hawaii for a bit, and publishing that book I have been writing already!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well, i already have a will & life insurance, so the cats are taken care of...
cash in my retirement & go to australia, new zealand & the orient!

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I have been given a certain amount of time with regard to life expectancy ... it is longer than two months, but I am a do'er when it comes to these things and these are the things I have done and will be doing.

1) Titles and/or ownership of all assets are now held jointly.
2) My Last Will and Testament has been written, signed and notarized.
3) My Advanced Medical Directive and Medical Durable Power of Attorney has been made a part of my medical records.
4) I have written and executed my DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) order.
5) I have planned, bought and paid for my final arrangements, to include cremation, memorial service, niche at the cemetary and personal letters to be "opened only after my death" to several friends and family members.
6) I have made arrangements for my cats.

I want my death to be something that no one has to ~do~ anything about. All the arrangements are made, the documents duly signed, notarized and executed. So all anyone has to do is show up at my memorial service and by God, I want no dry eyes in the house. *grin*

As for the time I do have left ... I live my life like everyday is my last day. I don't say things like, "I'll get together with you next week, cuz this week is crazy." anymore. I eat that second bowl of ice cream and I sleep that extra few minutes in the morning. If I see something I want to buy (within reason), I buy it. If there is somewhere I want to go, I go there. I don't wait around for things to happen anymore, I either make them happen or I don't, depending on how I feel about it.

I cry a lot. I am not ready to go. I don't want to. I am not finished here. But, that day is coming in the not too distant future and I will do the things on my "Bucket List".

I want to learn how to ride a motorcycle.
I want to see at least three of the Hawaiian Islands.
I want to fly in a helicopter.

There's more, but it's not important ... there is still time for me to do most of the things I want to ... maybe not all.

And last, but certainly not least ... no matter what the current circumstances between me and friends or family members might be, I ~always~ end each and every conversation (no matter how mad I might be at that person) with a very sincere "I Love You."

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

Well, I have been given a certain amount of time with regard to life expectancy ... it is longer than two months, but I am a do'er when it comes to these things and these are the things I have done and will be doing.

<snip>
And last, but certainly not least ... no matter what the current circumstances between me and friends or family members might be, I ~always~ end each and every conversation (no matter how mad I might be at that person) with a very sincere "I Love You."
I had a hard time reading this, it was a surprise to say the least, and I don't know what to say...sending a hug and hoping you know what high esteem I've always held you in on this forum.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

I had a hard time reading this, it was a surprise to say the least, and I don't know what to say...sending a hug and hoping you know what high esteem I've always held you in on this forum.
Me too!

As for me, I also already have a will, so the zoo will be provided for. Need to work on that life insurance thing, though!

Since I'm single minded right now, I'd tell hubby and my parents the situation, and see if they want a baby from me! I'd find some way, if they wanted to be responsible for a baby without a mom, to find a surrogate or something!
Selfish? Maybe. But I promise that kid would be well loved and well taken care of!

Then I'd quit work, and enjoy my last two months! Yeah, I know, quit work while making a baby... Not smart! But that's my my first thought at the moment!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

same here
you rock, Gaye!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are three expensive exotic places I would like to go. The Kodiak islands in Alaska to see the really big brown bears. Go further north to see the Polar bears and go to India and ride an elephant to get really close to the tigers. Of course those things involve a lot of money but the proceeds from the life insurance would more than pay for it.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would spend every day with my loved ones, and travel and take memorable trips with them.
I would make sure they all know how important they are.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gaye, love your attitude. Interesting to hear when you really are faced with that knowledge. Too many times we say "one day I will....." and that day may never come.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

...no matter what the current circumstances between me and friends or family members might be, I ~always~ end each and every conversation (no matter how mad I might be at that person) with a very sincere "I Love You."
And since we never know... we should all do the same. Bless your sweet heart, Gaye!