My mom is in the hospital

babygirl2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My mom was taken to the hospital by ambulance early yesterday morning. We didn't know what was wrong with her until the doctors ran some tests. She had a severe migraine and she also has vertigo. My mom can't sit up or walk right now because she is so dizzy. I am staying with her during the day. The doctors won't release her until she can walk on her own. I know I'm not on here too often but if you could please keep my mom in your thoughts and prayers.. it would mean alot to me. Thank you.

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Positive prayers and vibes for your mum and of course her family.
Remember she is in the best place possible at the moment , and with some tests , awnser and medicine/physio she should be back on her feet ok.

Your doing great by staying with her when you can

Postivie thoughts/prayers/vibes to your mum

:vi bes:

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no! I know how much migraines suck so lots of positive vibes for your mum. I hope she`s feeling better soon and can come home

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babygirl2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

For your Mom and your kitty boy Ryan.
Thanks. I don't know what I'm most upset over Ryan being terminally ill or my mom being the hospital (brings back bad memories of my dad being in the hospital). I really appreciate all you thoughts and prayers.

babygirl2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My mom had an MRI earlier today but we won't get the results until tomorrow. There is something else going on besides the migraine and vertigo. The doctors can't figure it out right now but I know that she won't be released until they do. I will be back there tomorrow because she wants me to stay with her. Dealing with Ryan and my mom has me really drained emotionally.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babygirl2000

My mom had an MRI earlier today but we won't get the results until tomorrow.
Hopefully it isn't so serious that it needs immediate treatment ... they can take the MRI, look at the images right on the computer screen and print them out fairly quickly. Any decent neurologist could look at them without needing to wait for a radiologist. But then, doctors tend to drag their feet or be completely unreachable.

I hope they can find the cause soon and treatment for whatever is wrong.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its tough when family members are ill. I hope some answers can be found out today.

babygirl2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The MRI showed that my mom had a stroke. They will start her on physical therapy as soon as the vertigo is gone. She will be in the hospital indefinitely.

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babygirl2000

The MRI showed that my mom had a stroke. They will start her on physical therapy and soon as the vertigo is gone. She will be in the hospital indefinitely.
I am sorry to he that. Here are some quick recovery

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Prayers and healing vibes to your mom. I hope everything turns out alright.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was wondering if that was what happened. Did she have migraines before this?

If vertigo is her main symptom, hopefully she'll recover quickly.