Pheasant feet

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We have some wild animal puking up some nasty stuff on our lawn…. Ya, gross. I wont go into detail…but it looks nasty, we are not even sure its vomit, but its something foreign. Anyway, we want to figure out where this nastiness is coming from. Today we noticed vomit right outside our front door on the lawn… it also has a foot print in it. Maybe a clue? Lol. So my question is… does anyone know what a pheasant foot looks like? We have a family of pheasants (so cute! They just had 5 little babies). But if they are puking on my lot we need to find away to keep them off as my dog has a mysterious illness…

Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve tried to google “pheasant feet†but most the sites come up are for hunting and I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t dare go to those sites or I will be depressed all day thinking of hunting animals… So can anyone explain what their feet look like?

This print looks like a paw print, I thought it was Brunoâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s but my bf noticed it was much too small.

Thanks guys! I hope this will explain why poor Bruno is sick.

docray

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If it looks like a paw it isn't a pheasant. Pheasant tracks look like most bird tracks.... just a little bigger than a robin, smaller than a turkey.

Is it possible your dog is puking it up?

I could be racoon scat, that stuff usually looks pretty wild.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DocRay

If it looks like a paw it isn't a pheasant. Pheasant tracks look like most bird tracks.... just a little bigger than a robin, smaller than a turkey.

Is it possible your dog is puking it up?
Ya thatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s what I thought too… but I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t know of any other wild animal near our house. Where we live they pretty much tore down a whole forest in order to build our streets, so not many trees. So far all Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve seen are crows, pheasants and a few cats.

Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m positive Bruno didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t vomit that nastiness due to the fact that he has never been outside without us watching him. He has never been alone in our backyard… also, todayâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s grossness was in our front lawn which Bruno never goes to unless we are bringing him for a car ride.

It also doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t look like “Bruno puke†lol. Its very pasty.. Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m not even sure its vomit… but its gross… Maybe I can take a picture and bring it to the vet Lol.

Thanks for the link and advice… Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m guessing its not a pheasant now… Wish I knew what it was…

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Could it possibly be goose poop? That stuff looks pretty gross.
Too true, especially if it fell from migrating geese in flight, splatters all over the place! Wild bird poop could in theory make dogs sick as birds can potentially carry bacteria and protozoans that could be passed on to a mammal through faeces.

It might be worth taking a sample
to the vet for analysis along with your dog.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Could it possibly be goose poop? That stuff looks pretty gross.
Ohhhh, yes, maybe… would it look the same as duck poo? (wow, this thread is getting nasty LOL, got to love cat lovers, cleaning the litter makes us immune to being grossed out by poo and puke conversations lol). I noticed lately with the seasons changing we have lots of ducks and geese around us… forgot about that. Maybe ill google duck/goose poo LOL see if thereâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s a pic… ill wait until I get home, I can imagine what kind of freak my work would think I was googling animal poop if they ever decided to check lol.

Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m just worried about Bruno… he seems ill but we donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t know what it is. For 9 months old he sleeps too much, he coughs and sneezes a lot, and almost pukes sometimes… I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t want any wildlife disease in our backyard.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silvionc

Ohhhh, yes, maybe… would it look the same as duck poo? (wow, this thread is getting nasty LOL, got to love cat lovers, cleaning the litter makes us immune to being grossed out by poo and puke conversations lol). I noticed lately with the seasons changing we have lots of ducks and geese around us… forgot about that. Maybe ill google duck/goose poo LOL see if thereâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s a pic… ill wait until I get home, I can imagine what kind of freak my work would think I was googling animal poop if they ever decided to check lol.

Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m just worried about Bruno… he seems ill but we donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t know what it is. For 9 months old he sleeps too much, he coughs and sneezes a lot, and almost pukes sometimes… I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t want any wildlife disease in our backyard.
Let us know what you discover.