How did he propose?

fiery

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm feeling romantic, so... how did your DH or Fiancee propose? Or did YOU do the asking? I want to know! ^_^

roxsam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How were you proposed to??! (that is if you are married!!
)

For me...On the beach at sunset!! It was PERFECT! We even had a friend with us who was taking pictures the whole time (he obviously knew about the proposal coming). We had just eaten dinner at a restaurant at the beach, and we wanted some pics of us on the beach at sunset (I LOVE sunsets on the beach).So we went out walking whie our friend was taking pics. Looking back at it...Dh was really nervous and we are so lucky he did not drop the ring in the ocean!!!

The only thing I dislike is that we had been at the beach all day so I wasn't dressed very nicely, lol.

Oh, here are a couple of pictures...these are the real thing, not a reenactment

The PERFECT sunset

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I asked this question a little while ago. Here is the thread. http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=165797

My fiance asked me while sitting on our bed. I knew he was planning on proposing since I had picked out the ring about a month earlier. He had just got home from work and he pulled out the ring and asked. It was simple but perfect. We went out to our favourite restaurant to celebrate after.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Colin and I got engaged on our birthday! We both have the same birthday, July 29. To celebrate, we went to St. Louis for a few days. We went to Six Flags, the St. Louis zoo, etc and had a lovely time! Before we left for our trip, we had agreed not to give each other any presents since the trip was our gift to oneanother.

Well on the morning of our birthday i broke the rule and suprised him with a gift card and a few small things to help him build the shed he was wanting. We went to Hurricane Harbor after that (the water park at six flags) and had an amazing day together! When we left that night we had decided to just go back to our room and order some take out and watch a little tv before bed. Or so I thought!!!! While we were waiting for our Chinese food to arrive, we were watching CSI when he suddenly said " I broke the rules too! I got you a birthday present." That's when I looked over and saw him holding a ring box! That's when he asked me to marry him.. My jaws just about dropped! He really suprised me! I wasn't expecting it at all that day! The ring is just lovely too. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect ending to our birthday together.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband proposed to me under the stars at Isle of Palms, SC
(which is my favorite beach in SC). We had gone out to dinner together for our 2 year anniversary, and I totally did not expect him to propose to me. Apparently he had told our friend at the restaurant, because he was grinning when I got back from the bathroom. I had figured they'd just been joking around or something. We drove out to Isle of Palms and walked on the beach (in 40* weather!
) talking about how we knew we wanted to be with one another for the rest of our lives and whatnot. We had a blanket with us in case we got cold and wanted to snuggle on the sand, and he dropped it. When he bent down to pick it up, he had a ring in his hand and asked me to marry him

I couldn't have asked for it to be any more perfect than it was!
He had asked my parents for "permission" to marry me Christmas '06, and showed them the ring. Somehow, they kept their mouths shut til February '07
. Though both my dad and Rob nearly slipped twice!

zooy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mike proposed Christmas 06, we went to the movies to see Night at the Museum. His hands were clammy the whole movie. It was raining and on the walk home we danced to the music that was playing out of the outside speakers. Then he got down on one knee in the rain and proposed.
Yep, he proposed in a parking lot!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John proposed to me on May 12 of this year, my 24th birthday! We went out for dinner at my favorite place, and afterwards we went on a great motorcycle ride and then to watch some friends play volleyball at a local place. Afterwards we came home & were cuddling on the couch watching The Hills. He simply looked at me, and told me that he loved me, and asked me
Of course I said yes & it was the best birthday present ever
We're getting married on July 18, 2009
after being together for 4 years!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I got engaged years ago it wasn't anything special. He was out of town, I was at home. We were talking on the phone and had been talking about marriage for a while. Some time during that telephone conversation we decided to get married. No one really asked anyone.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate to ruin the romantic vibes here, but I was the recipient of possibly the most unromantic proposal most people have ever heard.

We were living together, and had started talking about buying a house. I was in the shower shaving my legs at the time and he came into the bathroom, sat on the lid of the toilet, and said "You know...I've been thinking...if we're going to buy a house we really ought to get married." I still have the scar where I cut myself.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With us, he had been hinting around about getting a ring, but I was like "yeah, I'll believe it when I see it!". At this point, we were only going out THIS TIME for a few months, but we've had an on again off again relationship for over 10 years (sometimes dating, sometimes just friends, sometimes friends with benefits, sometimes I hated him...you get the picture). He always RAN at the word "marriage".

I had slowly moved in with him over those few months, and he came home 2 days before christmas and said he got an ornament to celebrate our first Christmas together. I was in the kitchen so he went and hung it on the tree and told me to go look at it. It was a beautiful gold bell with "2004" engraved on it. My first thought was "oh, isn't that sweet...it even comes with a ring".
It took a second for my brain to kick in and realize that really is a RING (he dropped it over the hanging thingy). Yeah, I burst into tears, and he's laughing asking me if that a "yes"!

He said he was thinking about having me do a treasure hunt for it on Christmas Eve after the BIG family dinner I was already nervous about. I would have KILLED him!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fiery

I'm feeling romantic, so... how did your DH or Fiancee propose? Or did YOU do the asking? I want to know! ^_^
Since you do NOT specify who can answer this, I will show you just exactly how romantic us men can be. I left a post-it on the door leading to the garage. It said:

WHO WANTS TO GET MARRIED?

Later that night the woman I was living with said "Now what happens?" I asked her what she meant and she said she had answered my Post-it.

God, I'm romantic!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Since you do NOT specify who can answer this, I will show you just exactly how romantic us men can be. I left a post-it on the door leading to the garage. It said:

I definitely just
'ed !!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

I hate to ruin the romantic vibes here, but I was the recipient of possibly the most unromantic proposal most people have ever heard.

We were living together, and had started talking about buying a house. I was in the shower shaving my legs at the time and he came into the bathroom, sat on the lid of the toilet, and said "You know...I've been thinking...if we're going to buy a house we really ought to get married." I still have the scar where I cut myself.
Oh, hon... you may have mine beat!
I've had two "proposals" in my life:

The first time (when I was 19), the fellow explained to me that we were getting married "or else we won't be able to see each other again." (Long story about why he put it that way... and why I was so naive and scared that I accepted.)

The second time (when I was 33), I'd been living with the gentleman for almost five years and had concluded that, much as I adored him, we weren't meant to be a couple. As we were discussing plans to go our separate-but-amicable ways, he thought for a minute and said, "You don't want to get married, do you?"

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Later that night the woman I was living with said "Now what happens?" I asked her what she meant and she said she had answered my Post-it.

God, I'm romantic!
I will never tease Colin again for forgetting to get on one knee when he proposed

A post- it? Really???

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Oh, hon... you may have mine beat!
I've had two "proposals" in my life:

The first time (when I was 19), the fellow explained to me that we were getting married "or else we won't be able to see each other again." (Long story about why he put it that way... and why I was so naive and scared that I accepted.)

The second time (when I was 33), I'd been living with the gentleman for almost five years and had concluded that, much as I adored him, we weren't meant to be a couple. As we were discussing plans to go our separate-but-amicable ways, he thought for a minute and said, "You don't want to get married, do you?"

And then what happened?

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
... I never really got asked

One Thanksgiving a long time ago... my husband asked my DAD for his daughters hand is marriage.... my Dad's response... "You mean THIS one?!?!" Everone had a good laugh... & Wedding plans commenced... There was no giving of a ring etc etc...

We went to pick out the rings, when we picked them up a week or so before the wedding ( we will be married 7 years sept 22nd ) he held up the box and laughed and said "So you GUNNA?"