*****KatKwery! - Sep. 7 - OMG, look at the standings!*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It appears that glitch and marianjela are deadlocked. But if the season were to end right now, glitch would have the upper hand, having had that point position the longest and is therefore shown as being the first seed. But wow, how exciting this is becoming!

Only two winners to report; marianjela used many of the secret words but the first used was page. Laureen227 used the word web first. Anne and yahoo were used but not until after the winning words were used. And not used at all was the word many.

Today's KatKwiz was about point donations.

Looking at your own History File is easy but did you know how to see what other people were doing (covered before)? Can you believe that Persi & Alley will be giving out more than one million points this year? Do you know how many points they had last Christmas Eve? Do you think the KatKwiz bank account will ever run dry? KatKwery will be paying out how many points do you think in October?

*pepper*

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Looking at your own History File is easy but did you know how to see what other people were doing (covered before)? Can you believe that Persi & Alley will be giving out more than one million points this year? Do you know how many points they had last Christmas Eve? Do you think the KatKwiz bank account will ever run dry? KatKwery will be paying out how many points do you think in October?
yes, I do know how to see what other people are doing (actually saw today lol) I can't believe it will be over one million points, that is great! I'm not sure how many points there was was Christmas eve, I'm sure not as much as now! I don't think the bank will be empty as it seems people are helping out making donations to the fund. I'm not sure how many points in October it will be, but I bet it will be a ton lol

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looking at your own History File is easy but did you know how to see what other people were doing (covered before)?
I remember sort of seeing it mentioned in a kwiz before, but no I dont know how to see what other people are doing, aside from the bank history etc which shows deposits and gifts and all that.

Can you believe that Persi & Alley will be giving out more than one million points this year?
Wowwee!!

Do you know how many points they had last Christmas Eve?
No idea

Do you think the KatKwiz bank account will ever run dry?
Hmm, no I dont think so, everyone seems to be very generous in the donation department.

KatKwery will be paying out how many points do you think in October?
Lots!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

yeah, i know how - i'm just not that curious!
yes, i can believe it - 1 million is a lot, but c'mon - HopeHacker has more points than that! i have no idea how many points you had last Christmas - that was just too long ago [plus, not really interested in doing the required research]. i don't think the account will ever run dry - people will donate when it gets low [i know i did]. currently, the points to be paid out in October is showing @ 133,100 - i guess it could be more, depending on winners between now & then.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chiming in late here today. Spent most of my evening in the ER with Joshua, but we are home and he is spent and sound asleep now. Just another bad day under the bridge.

So first off, let me start by saying, congratulations on your Cowgirls win today Lee! The game was sort of a "lesser of two evils" for me. But since the Browns are in my awesome Steelers division and conference I had to hate them worse today.

Back to the task at hand. Wooo Hooooo!!! I cant believe I moved up a notch - kinda. I'll take it!!!! Tie or not. Thank you very much for the points again.

I have looked up my own history in the Shops Main Menu and have also looked at the Gifts History and the All Item History. I've viewed the Most Sold page and like to compare the numbers. I think it's interesting to sneak a peak into what other users are buying or donating to members.

And WOW it is really hard to believe you have given away nearly a million points and will exceed that before this year is over. That's inconceivable! I do know that over half of the points I have have come from the KatKwiz and KatKwery!! Being a new(er) member, I really appreciate that opportunity!

I wasnt around last year to know how many points you had last Christmas Eve, but you can imagine that I am going to try to find out - LOL. Even if I have to do the stinking math

I do not think your bank account will ever run dry. I think that between the generous TCS members and Anne, your points are good as gold. TheCatSite will benefit from your game for as long as your willing to run it!

As it stands right now, according to the standings, the Kwery is worth 133,100 points. So once the playoffs are started in October the regular KatKwery as we know it today wont be around and the points given out for it will be for the SuperBowl winner. I dont think I quite understand how the pot grows. I think I seen it have to do with something with whether or not the Kwiz was won... If I am remembering right. But considering the SuperBowl pot started at at 100,000 points and has now increased drastically. It doesnt seem that the Kwiz has went unanswered 16 times in the past 6 months. There must be another way the jackpot grows. Also considering there is an odd 100 points in there.... Things that make ya go hmmmm.... Might be something else I have to investigate. The pot might be closer to 150,000 before the month is out. Guess we'll see.

I'm off to do a little research now. Seems my answer was a short one today. I'll be back

PS - I wish I would've been around for the Kwiz today! I had under 100 points sitting outside my bank - I would've cleaned up!!!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, when I seen how many pages I would have to sift through to do the math of how many points you had on Christmas Eve, I decided to do an advance search first and browse through your posts on that date.

Ahhhhh, MUCH easier!

And the answer is 6! SIX! How in the world did you go from having 52,000 points to six????

Unbelievable. Even more so when you consider where you sit now!!!!

PS - wow - Shelby was a cute little fluff ball! You needed a cuteness warning on that thread

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marianjela

And the answer is 6! SIX! How in the world did you go from having 52,000 points to six????
ETA: You may have started out with 6, but after a total of 13,500 points donated to you that day, you ended the day with 13,506!!!

And the Kwiz was started shortly after. You really rock Lee!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ETA (again) that I guess the KatKwery season started with a jackpot of 129,000. So I guess if there were two unanswered KatKwizzes, the 4000 points were added to the KatKwery pool. So that explains the 133,000... but I am still stumped on where the extra 100 points came from.

...I have to get to bed soon. I'm sure someone will come around later and explain it to me.

Either way, the Super Bowl Champion will be one lucky player!!! What a prize!! The winner will have to think of their own thing to do with all those points! Besides collect massive interest!

Anyway, I guess from now until then that only one kwiz *might* go unanswered, boosting the payout to 135,000.... or rather 135,100... maybe

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It appears that glitch and marianjela are deadlocked. But if the season were to end right now, glitch would have the upper hand, having had that point position the longest and is therefore shown as being the first seed. But wow, how exciting this is becoming!

Only two winners to report; marianjela used many of the secret words but the first used was page. Laureen227 used the word web first. Anne and yahoo were used but not until after the winning words were used. And not used at all was the word many.

Yeah yeah I knew I didn't win for that one, Im still cranky too so this ought to prove interesting. Yes I knew how to see what other people were doing on the donations and the gift page! You showed us how! You go to shop menu, go to Most sold, then click on whatever you want to see, whether it be who bought someone a gift, donated points, put your points in the bank or user title options, just click on the item history view button and it will tell you who bought what and how many points they spent to do it. I did know how many points that you would be giving out this year because Ive been following the katkwiz and katkwery and I think you have told us once or twice before! I hope the katkwery point bank will never run out but with a payout of over 130,000 points its very possible but hopefully other members will keep the points alive in your bank account! I think katkwery and katkwiz are very important things for thecatsite do to what they teach us how to do so if you ran out of points and didn't run them anymore new members wouldn't have the advantage that we did by learning through you teaching us! I wish I could think straight to have a better idea of what words you are thinking of to use or which words Persi & Alley or the Wife are thinking of but my brain hasn't been working properly lately so I can't promise much! I hope that katkwiz and katkwery can stay open as long as possible! Some people have so many points that they do nothing with and other members have so few and can't do anything and its hard not to be able to donate or give gifts! Most people enjoy doing it! I remember trying to post on every thread just so I could get enough points to buy someone a gift! Thankfully it didn't take long and the interest at the time was alot higher than it is now so that helped! I remember at one point in time getting over 400 points per day just in interest!! That was fun, but trying to save them up yourself is just as fun! I just hope more members learn to deposit their points in the bank so they dont sit around doing nothing! I hope Ive rambled long enough to accomplish something but I doubt it, Im not having real good luck recently so while my chances are slim I will try anyway and maybe Ill get lucky!!

Marienjela~ I swear... Im just going to let you take the top seeded place on this!! We all know you are better at it anyway!!

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ok! After being gone a week then down and out for 3 days due to a cold, I think I'll be back for a bit. Man, I feel like I'm dead in the water here!

Yes, I do know how to do that. Well, you had told us before, anyway. I've never actually done it! So basically, I think I could figure out how to do it if I tried.

Wow, Persi and Alley are such sweet hearts!!
One million points, wow, what nice kitties! I can believe it. I mean, 2,000 a day for the KatKwiz, and usually at least 700 for KatKwery. The 2,000 alone adds up to 730,000! Then 255,500 for the one winner a day KatKwery. Considering how many "clean sweeps" we've had, it's gotta be more than that! Especially when you add in the super bowl winnings.

Nope, other than reading what others before have written, I don't know how many points they had on Christmas Eve. If I felt better, I may even try to look it up! But instead, I'll just tell the truth- I don't know!

Yes, I think the KatKwiz bank will run dry. We all love playing, but you may get tired of having to do this every single day for eternity! At which point, I think you will let it run dry. Until then, nope! I think as long as you are willing, we'll be paying in to it.

Hmm... How many points in October? I think at least 140,000. Optimistically speaking.
I mean, I alone have a few thousand points I'll probably be donating in a bit. We're already at 133,100, so I think we can get 7,000 more in a month!

All right, enough for now! Good luck everyone!!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BelongsToEvie

Ok! After being gone a week then down and out for 3 days due to a cold, I think I'll be back for a bit. Man, I feel like I'm dead in the water here!
Janet, welcome back! We missed you - Yam is getting ready to overturn us all

So dont think you are dead in the water... she had a wonderful streak (almost beat mine!) and climbed her way up fairly quick.

I hope she has a bungee, cuz I'm gonna have to knock her down a peg or two...

Just kidding Yam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

Marienjela~ I swear... Im just going to let you take the top seeded place on this!! We all know you are better at it anyway!!
I'm gonna spill the beans here early and casually mention that there were no changes of position today. As soon as Persi lets me, I will post today's KatKwery with the details.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

Oh man that means she won too!! Man she's good! I have to ramble on about nothing to use a word!!

You crack me up

But I dont take all the credit - I blame my fingers - they have a mind of their on when they get on this keyboard!