When will he ever catch on? [For women]

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know not everybody suffers from mood swings, but man...I do. I fly off the handle so easily. It starts about 3 days before that time of the month, and day by day. I become increasingly irritable. I try to tell dh that when I get angry about something, then try to walk away and insist that I don't want to talk about it I really mean it. Just leave me alone for a bit so I can cool off, but he likes to talk about everything. So the longer he chases me around the house talking about it the more angry I get until I'm practically jumping up and down. If he would just leave me alone, I'd be over it in 5 minutes. I really don't do it intentionally, and I usually feel bad afterward, but man...when is he ever going to learn? It's the only time we ever argue and the whole thing could be avoided if I was allowed time to cool off!

Does anyone else get bad mood swings? My mil is just going through her "changes" as she calls it, and says she's been crying for like a half an hour a day over things she never has before.

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hear ya. And I can tell you what worked for me.

Tell him that women are only ruled by their hormones once a month, as opposed to men, who are ruled by them all the time.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't say I have bad mood swings but I'm very easily aggitated whether it's that time of the month or not.

gothic~mermaid

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Im totally with you on the LEAVE ME THE HELL ALONE FOR 5 MINS & ILL BE FINE, chase me round the house and insist on talking and Ill spend the next 48 hours painfully totureing a part of your anatomy!!!!

I get angry really easily and am in one of those moods right now!
No reason for it! Was sat there playing with Henry when all sudden I felt anger building up so got up to do housework to have my sheep trying to talk so gave up sat here and found this thread!

soooooo glad Im not alone!!

xxx

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never used to lose my cool very easily, but I do now, ever since I was traumatized by the abusive ex-b/f. Simple little things that never used to bother me set me off now - usually within a split second.

I guess it's due to PTSD..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear I'm not alone here! I'll have to tell dh that I'm not the only "crazy" person.

gothic~mermaid

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
they should set up a support group for men suffering from crazy tempermental women!!!!!!!!!

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK i'm not really a woman, i just play one on tv.

Seriously though, speaking from the other end of the argument, I completely agree with you. When I learned this lesson my life became MUCH easier. I mean substantially.

He'll get it

wildfire203

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have the same problem and my DH seems to be slow on the uptake that if he just stays quiet just for a few mins then it will be all ok.

gothic~mermaid

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just read this thread out to DH and he is sat there shaking his head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
around that time I have crazy bad mood swings with everyone! lol thats why I usually try to just take it easy and if im getting angry I just say "Gotta take a few minutes"

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ladies, make up your mind! If you don't want to talk about it, that's fine, but give us a clue as to when you mean it, and when you don't!

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I occasionally get some 'horrific' mood swings...and yep, there are times when the dh just doesn't understand; fortunately he is learning to just leave me alone for a bit, before trying to continue a conversation.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mer636

around that time I have crazy bad mood swings with everyone! lol thats why I usually try to just take it easy and if im getting angry I just say "Gotta take a few minutes"
Trust me, I do tell him to leave me alone. Then he'll follow me around saying things like "you're being irrational, I'm just trying to talk to you".

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i look at like this. her mood swings are her business. Dont expect me to deal with it.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those poor men! Mine included

I try really hard to let him know that I would like to talk about something at a different time if I am going to lose my temper-- seems like he picks a really stressful moment to start talking about some other stressful/difficult situation every time. I suppose if everything's going well he doesn't want to ruin it.

Luckily for him, I just get depressed instead of irritable when I pms.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 2dogmom

I hear ya. And I can tell you what worked for me.

Tell him that women are only ruled by their hormones once a month, as opposed to men, who are ruled by them all the time.

The first time Aunt Flo visited after Brandon moved in, he learned very quickly that the best thing to do bow, offer chocolate and hide!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always told guys I've dated right up front:

"I'm not the greatest person to be around at that time, I'll bite your head off over nothing, and it'll escalate quickly. Just know that it isn't anything personal and that your best course is to just leave it be, don't pick the scab so to speak. And I promise to always give warning when it is that time, long before my hormones make a fool of me if/when possible"

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by whiteforest

Glad to hear I'm not alone here! I'll have to tell dh that I'm not the only "crazy" person.
Didn't you know that we're all "crazy cat people" here??