Ever have one of those friends......

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who just won't shut up?!

I'm on the phone with one of mine and Brandon's friends and he won't shut up!!!!!

I've been on the phone with him for 2½ hours!!!

I couldn't even tell you what in the world he's talking about either

Am I the only person who has a friend like this?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dixie_Darlin

Am I the only person who has a friend like this?
i don't have any friends like this... but all of my friends do! [it's me, just in case that's not clear...]

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I usually am the person who won't shut up lol! My boyfriend is super quite and its great! Even if he had anything to say not sure he could get more then a few words in, and God bless him he actually listens to what I say

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's one thing I simply cannot tolerate. If someone i'm friends with starts in with that I just make a clean break. Maybe it's cruel but I don't have time to just sit and listen to inane babble. Oh i hate that.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate that! DH's cousin is like that. He had me on the phone last week for 45 minutes explaining, in detail, what he's doing for home improvements...like I had a clue what he was talking about! He's the type if you ask him the time, he will tell you how to build a clock. I actually had to quietly open the front door and ring my own door bell to have an excuse to get off the phone!

Also, I cringe every time one woman at work has the same break as me. You can't even say we have a conversation because I can't get a word in! It's more like a running monolog with me (or whoever) as the audience. It's so annoying.

I ramble here, but at least you guys can just skip past my post!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah I have, and when I´m tired to hear the blah, blah,
I ask to him....We should to drink a coffe my friend,...
and that never happen!...

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

i don't have any friends like this... but all of my friends do! [it's me, just in case that's not clear...]
No, it's only a problem when BORING people talk a lot. You're so much fun, it's a treat!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

No, it's only a problem when BORING people talk a lot. You're so much fun, it's a treat!
well, my family certainly doesn't always think so!
i've had both my mom & sister say something like, "Laureen, i'm really not listening anymore" but i don't care!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

Originally Posted by calico2222

I actually had to quietly open the front door and ring my own door bell to have an excuse to get off the phone!
I've had to do that!

Or I will say "Hold on, I have another call." and I'll mute the phone and hang up.... I know... it's mean but c'mon! How much can one person talk?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

That is why I text message or email.
I text message more then I talk on the phone.. It's easier to me. Alot of times I'm busy with the kids or working around the house and I don't have time to sit and listen to someone babble

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I used to be one of those friends!

However at some point I developed a complete distaste for the telephone and now I rarely use it and when I do get calls or make calls, I tend to keep them short and sweet and to the point. I can't stand just sitting and talking on the telephone; I think it's such a waste of time.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I've had to do that!

Or I will say "Hold on, I have another call." and I'll mute the phone and hang up.... I know... it's mean but c'mon! How much can one person talk?
Quilty!

My brother, who's an alchoholic, will ramble on for hours, and you can't get a word in edgewise.
The worst part is is that he gets drunk while talking to you on the phone, and begins to slur his words so you can't understand most of what he's saying!
Then he generally passes out from drinking too much..

My s/o is a blabbermouth, too.
He'll go on & on for hours: it drives me nuts!
The only way I can get him to shut up is by not answering him back. I know it's rude and I don't like doing it, but nothing else seems to work - short of telling him to shut the H up. And that's just plain mean IMO. If I don't answer him, he'll get on the phone and bug someone else.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am that person to some friends, and then there are others who are that to me (if that makes sense). Although, the ones I do it to usually get caught back up in the conversation... I'm not too bad (I don't think). Now, my friend down in San Francisco... he never shuts up. He calls me just to catch up on things and keeps going... and going... like a certain commercial bunny we know! It was easier when I lived back east... I could get him off the phone by saying I had to go to bed now (2-3 hours ahead helps sometimes).

Then again, I do it to my dad...

Amanda

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I'd be the friend that won't shut up.
DH has a friend that calls about 50 times a day and I get so agitated I wanna rip the cord out of the wall.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I actually had to quietly open the front door and ring my own door bell to have an excuse to get off the phone!
OMG, that's priceless.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I've had to do that!

I do that as well, only with me it's gotta go my pager is going off...works great except when the long winded person I am talking to is my boss...

He is the worse for rambling on about this and that.

For the first 10 years or so I would just let him go on for an hour however now I will ask him after about 15minutes if there is a point to all of this...