I have a new job.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I left LJS I went to Wendys and I found that taking the first thing wasn't the smartest thing, so I went off hunting again. Well, I found something, Arbys.
They are promising me, All Sundays off, Paid holidays, and more money.
How can I turn that down???
People are saying that they are probably blowing smoke up my you know where, but I'll never know if I don't check it out now right??
Wish me luck.. I start the 22nd...full time. I actually am starting the 10th just to get my feet wet...two jobs, I haven't done that in awhile..

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck hon! They may be desperate enough for staff to give you Sundays off, but I've never heard of a restaurant giving paid holidays, but they may because of your experience. I would get anything you can in writing and have the manager's signature.

But, if it's true, way to go!!!

Besides, Arby's food is SO much better than Wendy's (just my opinion). I LOVE their rueben sandwiches!!)

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are you working fast-food jobs because you need part-time work, or do you aspire to managment (or already have experience in it) or what?

You can make a lot more money waiting tables in most real restaurants, if you don't mind hard work. I've seen a number of waitresses in truck stops who make more money than the truck drivers they're waiting on.

But, if you aspire to management, that's a different thing. I thought I wanted to do that at one time, too, and I had a line on a great job: Managing Burger King restaurant for AAFES, the supplier that owns the BK's on all the Army and Air Force bases. Pays very well, and you can end up managing one anywhere in the world.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Are you working fast-food jobs because you need part-time work, or do you aspire to managment (or already have experience in it) or what?

You can make a lot more money waiting tables in most real restaurants, if you don't mind hard work. I've seen a number of waitresses in truck stops who make more money than the truck drivers they're waiting on.

But, if you aspire to management, that's a different thing. I thought I wanted to do that at one time, too, and I had a line on a great job: Managing Burger King restaurant for AAFES, the supplier that owns the BK's on all the Army and Air Force bases. Pays very well, and you can end up managing one anywhere in the world.
Sweetie, I've been in restaurant work (mostly management) for around 20 years.
I'm not good at waiting tables though, I get all confused at what goes to who and what tables I am supposed to be taking and all that jazz, so I think that fast food is the way for me!
I enjoy working in that atmosphere but I need to find just the place. It's hard for me since I have so many quirks. I like things to be just so, I hate drama, I expect any manager to run the store like I would if I were in their position, ( and i aspire to take over their positions sooner or later) I expect fairness, I expect managers to work right along side of the crew, not just say you do this and you do that while I do nothing. So finding a place that I enjoy working at is very hard for me.
I take pride in my job when I find the one I like and will work my you know what off for it. My friends say I take a leave of absence from them for my job when that happens.
I just am right now looking for that specific job...It'll come around... sometime.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on the new job. Keep this in mind with places of business trying to hire you : Promises are empty if they aren't on paper!
Get it in writing.