Next week will be fun...

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been getting regular migraines, so the doc wants me to get a bunch of tests done. On top of that I'm starting my Hep A and Hep B vaccination course so I can work in disaster situations, and I'm also seeing someone about my scar, so this is next week:

Monday morning - ophthalmologist
Monday afternoon - neurologist
Monday later afternoon - doc for vaccinations
Tuesday morning - plastic surgeon for my scar
Wednesday - CT scan

Lucky I'm going on holiday on Friday - that'll make it better

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! And I thought I had it bad for doctor appointments over the last few years! Your Monday totally beat mine!

Good luck at all of them. I'll be sending lots of vibes your way!

pee-cleaner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I absolutely would not begin vaccinations until you are TOTALLY sure of what is happening neurologically with you. Hep B vaccine has been associated with some neurological and other bad side effects (MS implicated, etc.) Do some research before committing.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a very good point. Maybe you should hold off on the disaster training until you're sure your health is fully under control. I know you're excited about doing such good work -- but maybe now is not the time to take any unnecessary risks. You've already got enough going on!

Please be careful, hon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sure nothing will come from all the appointments - they're just being extra cautious. While I'm there, I'll ask if it's a problem me getting the vaccinations though, thanks for letting me know

The doctor doing the vaccinations is the one who sent me to the neurologist, so I imagine if he was at all worried, he would have let me know.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww Sarah
I'll be thinking about you this week!!!

If it makes you feel any better at all i'm spending all day monday at the cardiologist's office doing all sorts of "fun tests" so he can figure out why my heart is screwed up!

We will survive the week together

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

The doctor doing the vaccinations is the one who sent me to the neurologist, so I imagine if he was at all worried, he would have let me know.
Some doctors miss things or just don't have the training to recognize some stuff.

I have an appointment with my cardiologist next Wednesday - I'm going to put him on the spot. I want a solution or at least some sort of treatment plan for my tachycardia and blood pressure problems.
Then maybe later this week or the next I need to meet with the gastro surgeon to discuss and set up a date to have my gallbladder out. Probably need to work in a short meeting with whatever anesthesiologist I will have for the surgery too - make sure they know that there's the possibility of my blood pressure dropping to 50s/30s or lower and my heart rate plummeting. It's going to be fun trying to get them to all take me seriously!

Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

If it makes you feel any better at all i'm spending all day monday at the cardiologist's office doing all sorts of "fun tests" so he can figure out why my heart is screwed up!
With all your health problems - I still think you need to research dysautonomia. You may find some answers.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

With all your health problems - I still think you need to research dysautonomia. You may find some answers.
Thanks for the suggestion. I will be sure to ask about that when I go to the doctor.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Thanks for the suggestion. I will be sure to ask about that when I go to the doctor.
Good luck in asking your doctor about something thats considered rare and that only has a few doctors that specialize and are very knowledgeable about it.
Mine at least knows what NCS is, but I get the feeling that I may be his only patient with it and that he's a bit at loss with any actual experience with it and related conditions. I know I'm going to have issues getting him to admit that a 165bmp heart rate is not normal.

Since you can stand and normally eat food you'd be immediantly dismissed by any regular doctor who has heard of it - they would likely only think of Shy Drager Syndrome (Multiple System Atrophy) which is very progressive and deadly or Familial Dysautonomia which is something people are born with and displayed almost from birth with a life expectancy of around 30 years.

There are a lot of inbetweens that fall into the dysautonomia category. I have a partial form of it with the neurocardiogenic syncope, and suspected POTS that I have.

Please do some reading for yourself, unless you wish to travel to Vanderbilt to speak with the doctors there.

http://www.dinet.org/
http://ndrf.org/