Poor Baby :(

frootloop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My SO and I found a little baby kitten last night. I was pulling out of the parking lot of our apartment complex, and we saw him on the side of the road across the street. So, we picked him up and brought him inside...

Felix doesn't like him, and Loki couldn't care less. We're keeping the little guy in our bathroom to keep him away from the other two. We know a woman who runs a cat shelter near by, so she's coming to pick him up tomorrow.

The only thing is that he has a bit of a deformity or something. Something is wrong with his bottom lip... it's like not fully developed or something. I don't really know, but it looks weird. However, it doesn't interfere with anything. He can still eat, drink, and clean himself just fine. I'm just worried that no one would want to adopt him because of that "flaw"

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by FrootLoop

My SO and I found a little baby kitten last night. I was pulling out of the parking lot of our apartment complex, and we saw him on the side of the road across the street. So, we picked him up and brought him inside...

Felix doesn't like him, and Loki couldn't care less. We're keeping the little guy in our bathroom to keep him away from the other two. We know a woman who runs a cat shelter near by, so she's coming to pick him up tomorrow.

The only thing is that he has a bit of a deformity or something. Something is wrong with his bottom lip... it's like not fully developed or something. I don't really know, but it looks weird. However, it doesn't interfere with anything. He can still eat, drink, and clean himself just fine. I'm just worried that no one would want to adopt him because of that "flaw"
I have a friend that adopted a blind kitten so there are people out there that would adopt him BECAUSE he has what is viewed in some people's minds as a "flaw". Thanks for taking in the kitten and good luck!

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is there no way you could keep the kitten?

I know it can get stressful , lots of cat/kittens but if you can work ur way around it that kitten may be best of with you , after all to the kitten you are its hero..

If not maybe go to the rescue put a advert in and keep the kitten until some one has shown signs from the rescue of wanting the kitten.. or im not sure..
Jess x

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

frootloop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't have the money to take him to the vet to get checked out and vaccinated and what not... Otherwise I would keep him.

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by FrootLoop

I don't have the money to take him to the vet to get checked out and vaccinated and what not... Otherwise I would keep him.
Aww that's a shame

I'm sure somebody wil want him. Over here many people tend to adopt the animals with problems - 3 legs etc, because they are 'special and unique' and they feel sorry for them and want to give them lots of love.

I'm sure he'll find a lovely home

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

frootloop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not many people adopt around here. They contribute more to giving animals to shelters than rescuing them =/

That woman still has the same 8 kittens since March. She's going up to Paducah today to see if she can find any homes for them, to make room for the little baby we found Thursday night.

She's the one who gave us Socks... for the very reason that there wasn't any room at her shelter.