*****KatKwery! - Sept 5 - this race is HOT!*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glitch & Marianjela continued their death grip by both scoring a win. And Yam102284 continued her rise from nowhere into sixth place. Please remember that you can be in the playoffs even if you are not in the top eight now. For instance, it is very probable that one of the top eight players will not be able to play in the playoffs. Sad, but true. So, be advised.

OK, the first word marianjela used was age. The first word for glitch was top and the first word for Yam102284 was able. It seems as though Yam must have went on vacation or something for three days because she has won on 8-23 through 8-29, a win streak of 7, one shy of the record 8 set by Marianjela. And now Yam is back on her win streak of three in a row.
The word not scoring points but used was busy and the word not used at all was occur(ed).

Today's KatKwiz was about pizza! Everybody participating in today's KatKwery will receive a gift of a slice of pizza!

You cannot imagine how much problem I have had on TCS today. Right now I cannot even get the little puzzle guys icon to come up so just imagine they are there. And today's KatKwiz really was an educational exercise, it just happened to be about everybody's favorite subject!

OK, out with it, what is the one single ingredient that you must have on pizza? Being from Texas, jalapenos are a MUST for me; what is your opinion of jalapenos? How often a month do you have pizza? Do you make your own pizza from scratch? OK, back to the technical part of KatKwery, did you know how to find the answer to today's KatKwiz?

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

OK, out with it, what is the one single ingredient that you must have on pizza? Being from Texas, jalapenos are a MUST for me; what is your opinion of jalapenos? How often a month do you have pizza? Do you make your own pizza from scratch? OK, back to the technical part of KatKwery, did you know how to find the answer to today's KatKwiz?
Thank you
And I was away from 8/29 (although I might have answered that day) through 8/31.

Mmmmm pizza. I actually had 2 slices of cheese pizza today for lunch. Although it's not on my diet, I figured I could splurge. There really isn't one ingredient that I must have on my pizza, besides cheese of course. I really like bacon, but I don't have to have it on my pizza every time. I love greek pizza. Sal's Pizza makes an amazing Greek pizza with feta cheese, spinach, tomatos, and black olives and it's amazing. I get it every time we got there. I don't really like jalapenos that much. I'm not really fond of the spicier foods and don't like it when my mouth is burning up. I say that I have pizza less than 5 times a month. We really don't eat out much, and when we do, we like more grinder or sandwich types of dinner, like subway or d'angelos. We do make our own pizza from scratch. We get whole wheat pizza crust from walmart and pizza sauce, cheese, and sometimes pepperoni and make our own pizza. One time we even made a BLT pizza and it was surprisingly very good. I want to make it again sometime, but it was really messy to both make and eat, so I always put it off until next time.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh this is a fun topic. The one topping I HAVE to have on pizza is CHEESE - lol But I love a peperoni pizza, but pep wouldnt be any good without cheese
I occasionally like sausage or bacon, a meat lovers every now and again but it's rare. And I never order it, I usually only eat if if someone else is having it that way.

Good thing I dont live in Texas, because besides not liking the Cowboys
I cant stand jalapenos. Too hot for me. I dont even like biting into a bite that had a pepper on it. Eww.
But of course, like anything else, that's what makes the world go round. Our differences. It would be a boring world if there were a trillion mini-mes walking around. So other toppings I do not like on my pie are olives, or mushrooms. Eww. My mom's favorite pizza is chicken ranch. That's a nice treat, but not something I could eat all the time either. Oh I know, ever had a breakfast pizza? with bacon, eggs and cheese (sometimes sausage too). Ohhhh it is SO good. One of our local groceries stores cook it in their deli. Mmmmmm.

We have pizza probably once a week, sometimes more, depending on how busy we are. We used to have even more than that when my daughter's boyfriend worked at Little Caesars
So I'd estimate that we have it four times a month. We never make our our pizza from scratch, but we have made it with the pre-made shells. And of course we buy the frozen kind all the time. We do make homemade Stromboli, which is like a giant pizza roll. Oh yeah, that is a treat. It goes fast and it seems I can never make enough. The biggest pain in making that is waiting for the dough to rise. Well, and mashing the dough in shape. It bakes up pretty quick. I like mine without sauce, hubby likes his with meatballs!

Has anyone ever had a pineapple pizza? I've never been daring enough to try it, but always wanted to. Something different I guess.

I did not sign on in time for the Kwiz today, but I think I could have found the poll easy enough. I definitely would have done a search using the keywords pizza and poll.

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Glitch & Marianjela continued their death grip by both scoring a win. And Yam102284 continued her rise from nowhere into sixth place. Please remember that you can be in the playoffs even if you are not in the top eight now. For instance, it is very probable that one of the top eight players will not be able to play in the playoffs. Sad, but true. So, be advised.

OK, the first word marianjela used was age. The first word for glitch was top and the first word for Yam102284 was able. It seems as though Yam must have went on vacation or something for three days because she has won on 8-23 through 8-29, a win streak of 7, one shy of the record 8 set by Marianjela. And now Yam is back on her win streak of three in a row.
The word not scoring points but used was busy and the word not used at all was occur(ed).

Today's KatKwiz was about pizza! Everybody participating in today's KatKwery will receive a gift of a slice of pizza!

You cannot imagine how much problem I have had on TCS today. Right now I cannot even get the little puzzle guys icon to come up so just imagine they are there. And today's KatKwiz really was an educational exercise, it just happened to be about everybody's favorite subject!

I have to have mushrooms on my pizza. Jalapenos are alright but I don't eat them a lot. I probably eat pizza at least once a month. Awhile back I kept craving pizza so I ate it a lot. I usually make frozen pizza.
I'm guess I you would do a poll search and read how many percent like pinnapple on their pizza.

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mmm, pizza

OK, out with it, what is the one single ingredient that you must have on pizza? hmm, is this including the cheese/tomato sauce? Im gonna say...olives. Unless the cheese isnt a given, in that case it'd be cheese.

Being from Texas, jalapenos are a MUST for me; what is your opinion of jalapenos?
I loove those jalapeno poppers (with the cream cheese) but for the most part I dont like feeling my nose/eye/ears/mouth burn while Im trying to eat something.

How often a month do you have pizza?
A few times a month lately, frozen stuff though. I dont even know the last time I had a real pizza.

Do you make your own pizza from scratch?
I have and its fun but its cheaper to buy frozen.

OK, back to the technical part of KatKwery, did you know how to find the answer to today's KatKwiz?
Sort of, I knew it was an advanced search question, but I forgot that the word Poll is always in the title and didnt think to search for that.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It seems as though Yam must have went on vacation or something for three days because she has won on 8-23 through 8-29, a win streak of 7, one shy of the record 8 set by Marianjela.
PS - not that I'm counting or anything
but my winning streak is actually 10.

My first streak was 9 (not 7), winning the Kwerys 7/18 through 7/26. (Dates wins were posted 7/19 - 7/27)

My second streak came 8/6 through 8/15. (Dates posted 8/7 to 8/16) which I kinda of just snuck in there.

I'm just saying

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

if you want to post the
icon w/o having to find it, just type the following [w/o the spaces!] : confused:
ok, now on to the pizza!
i really, REALLY like mushrooms on mine... but then, i also like spinach [especially on white pizza
] onions, italian sausage... i don't like jalapeños on ANYTHING! i don't have pizza [at least, the real thing, not the frozen kind] too often - probably every few months. i never make it from scratch - too much work for me! had i been online early enough, i would've been able to locate the answer to today's KatKwiz.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I think mushrooms are a must have on pizza but thats just my personal opinoin! I also think peperoni, green peppers, onions and tomatoes are a must have! Canadian bacon and pinapple is good too and I hate anchovies! Itilian sausage is good right along with handburder pizza I also like pickles on my cheeseburger pizza and I guess Well actually I dont know that for sure that I dont like anchovies but I refuse to eat fish. After seeing how they died I just can't do it!! I also have to have sauce on my pizza and plenty of cheese!! I love lettuce and tomatoes on handburger pizza! Its just so yummy! One other thing Im in love with on pizza is parmesian cheese and crushed red peppers!! MMMMMM Makes it so tasty! The juice from peperchini's is also really good on pizza! Those are some of the things on pizza that make me happy! I like a thicker crust too! Hand tosses is my favorite but Ive never been able to toss it right! I use to work at a pizza place so I do have a good idea on how to make homemade pizza with love!! You have to make surre to pop the big bubbles part way through the cooking process otherwise people could get burned by the steam when they go to slice the pizza! I love jalapenos but rarely come across one thats really worth eating! I like to put the juice on pizza! I have pizza probably 4 times a month, sure I know how to make it from scratch! You get your phone, dial the number for your local pizza delivery and there you go! Pizza from scratch!! Ive made home made pizza before but I made the mistake of having DH help me... he added double the amount of water needed and well the pizza crust turned into soup!! It was nuts!! But besides that I make pretty darn good pizza, the making of the dough just right is the hardest part because if you let it rise too much the 2nd time you rise it then you have to punch it down a third time and try it all over again! After your get the dough for the pizza crust made you let it rise for a while, then you punch it down and let it rise again, and after just the right amount of time you will be able to work with it easily but tossing a pizza without putting a hole in it is hard! Also, I never knew how complicated it was to spread sauce on homemade pizza dough until I first tried it working at a pizza place, it doesn't spread as easily as you would think it would! The dough grabs a hold of the rubber scraper and almost makes it impossible! You have to have it down to an art! I think Im going to practice tossing pizza again because its way more fun to toss than it is to stretch it out to fill the pan!! I also think that pizza should be cooked (depending on their ovens) For no longer than 14 minutes to be totatlly done! Yeah its a warm setting but it cooks it evener I think!

I think to find todays katkwiz answer you had to do and advanced search for polls on pinapple pizza but of course I was working and misssed it and the answer is probably wrong and Marienjela is probably going to kick my butt since she's good at that!! I should just not answer a few days in a row and let her get the lead and let some stress go!! But what fun would that be! Thanks for the points by the way!! Points are always good, although I think your twin beats me to them most of the time!!
Who would of thought I could get to first place any how! She's pretty good at this and does write a book everytime so she probably will win in the end and thats okay... I guess!

I really like pinapple on my pizza but I never ever saw that poll so I didn't participate in it so it could easily be wrong since MY vote didn't count and ya know Im pretty important!
So that poll should be tossed out and another one started!! That way I can vote also!
I was able to find the answer and would have been able if I would have been online! Itg wasn't that hard to find this time around!
I went to the search feature and typed in pizza poll and came up with quite a few options but the one you found was from 2003!! 5 years ago was the pinapple pizza voting poll/thread!!
So it wasn't that hard to find this time around!! But the thread is outdated! The polll was closed so I couldn't add my answer to throw you off! LOL I can't believe how many points the katkwiz is going to be handing out per day!! That so stinks because I work during the day and hardly ever get to play because the answer has already been put up and the katkwery started!! So that is why Im normally last to post my answer on katkwery and why I never get to play in the katkwiz which I love and can not thank enough for being the reason why when I started I had points to spend on gifts for those giving me gifts and to have fun with! So I do hope other newer members will get into the fun because you really did give me alot of points through out the time Ive been a member on this site!! I think pizza is an interesting katkwiz and Im anxious to see the next one! If it was only posted later on in the day I would stand half a chance! Oh well, maybe next week when I have a few days off I will be able to participate!

Have fun everyone!! *please let me have babbled enough to have used a secret word to keep ahead and at the top of my game!*

Oh yeah, its nice of you to buy everyone a gift of a slice of pizza just for playing in the katkwery today!! More people should join in!

I am needing to know exactly when the Katkwery Superbowl Playoffs will be, so I can schedule my work around it! (If Im lucky enough) and that way I dont have to worry about not being able to participate in the fun! I dont want to miss out on something like that so if you know will you please let me know?? Or when you find out?? That way I can figure something out with work! Thank You!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Here I am checking in while on vacation. I just can't seem to stay away from the computer. For me, I have to have pepperoni and Olives on my pizza. DH likes pepperoni and sausage. Tonight at the in-laws, we are going to have pizza but it will be canadian bacon and pineapple. The only thing I use jalapenos in is my salsa. DH loves my salsa. The longer it sits, the hotter is will be! As for the KatKwiz, I don't know the question since I didn't read it yet. I don't get on the computer as much while at the in-laws.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marianjela

Good thing I dont live in Texas, because besides not liking the Cowboys
It's a good thing I run an honest contest here.
Hmmm, I might just remember this comment when the playoffs come...

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

.ok, now on to the pizza!
i really, REALLY like mushrooms on mine...
One thing I ask when ordering pizza in a new place is whether the mushrooms are fresh or canned. If they are canned, I decline the mushrooms. (With enough jalapenos, you never notice anything else missing.)

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

I think mushrooms are a must have on pizza but thats just my personal opinoin! I also think peperoni, green peppers, onions and tomatoes are a must have! Canadian bacon and pinapple is good too and I hate anchovies! Itilian sausage is good right along with handburder pizza I also like pickles on my cheeseburger pizza and I guess Well actually I dont know that for sure that I dont like anchovies but I refuse to eat fish. After seeing how they died I just can't do it!! I also have to have sauce on my pizza and plenty of cheese!! I love lettuce and tomatoes on handburger pizza! Its just so yummy! One other thing Im in love with on pizza is parmesian cheese and crushed red peppers!! MMMMMM Makes it so tasty! The juice from peperchini's is also really good on pizza! Those are some of the things on pizza that make me happy! I like a thicker crust too! Hand tosses is my favorite but Ive never been able to toss it right! I use to work at a pizza place so I do have a good idea on how to make homemade pizza with love!! You have to make surre to pop the big bubbles part way through the cooking process otherwise people could get burned by the steam when they go to slice the pizza! I love jalapenos but rarely come across one thats really worth eating! I like to put the juice on pizza! I have pizza probably 4 times a month, sure I know how to make it from scratch! You get your phone, dial the number for your local pizza delivery and there you go! Pizza from scratch!! Ive made home made pizza before but I made the mistake of having DH help me... he added double the amount of water needed and well the pizza crust turned into soup!! It was nuts!! But besides that I make pretty darn good pizza, the making of the dough just right is the hardest part because if you let it rise too much the 2nd time you rise it then you have to punch it down a third time and try it all over again! After your get the dough for the pizza crust made you let it rise for a while, then you punch it down and let it rise again, and after just the right amount of time you will be able to work with it easily but tossing a pizza without putting a hole in it is hard! Also, I never knew how complicated it was to spread sauce on homemade pizza dough until I first tried it working at a pizza place, it doesn't spread as easily as you would think it would! The dough grabs a hold of the rubber scraper and almost makes it impossible! You have to have it down to an art! I think Im going to practice tossing pizza again because its way more fun to toss than it is to stretch it out to fill the pan!! I also think that pizza should be cooked (depending on their ovens) For no longer than 14 minutes to be totatlly done! Yeah its a warm setting but it cooks it evener I think!

I think to find todays katkwiz answer you had to do and advanced search for polls on pinapple pizza but of course I was working and misssed it and the answer is probably wrong and Marienjela is probably going to kick my butt since she's good at that!! I should just not answer a few days in a row and let her get the lead and let some stress go!! But what fun would that be! Thanks for the points by the way!! Points are always good, although I think your twin beats me to them most of the time!!
Who would of thought I could get to first place any how! She's pretty good at this and does write a book everytime so she probably will win in the end and thats okay... I guess!

I really like pinapple on my pizza but I never ever saw that poll so I didn't participate in it so it could easily be wrong since MY vote didn't count and ya know Im pretty important!
So that poll should be tossed out and another one started!! That way I can vote also!
I was able to find the answer and would have been able if I would have been online! Itg wasn't that hard to find this time around!
I went to the search feature and typed in pizza poll and came up with quite a few options but the one you found was from 2003!! 5 years ago was the pinapple pizza voting poll/thread!!
So it wasn't that hard to find this time around!! But the thread is outdated! The polll was closed so I couldn't add my answer to throw you off! LOL I can't believe how many points the katkwiz is going to be handing out per day!! That so stinks because I work during the day and hardly ever get to play because the answer has already been put up and the katkwery started!! So that is why Im normally last to post my answer on katkwery and why I never get to play in the katkwiz which I love and can not thank enough for being the reason why when I started I had points to spend on gifts for those giving me gifts and to have fun with! So I do hope other newer members will get into the fun because you really did give me alot of points through out the time Ive been a member on this site!! I think pizza is an interesting katkwiz and Im anxious to see the next one! If it was only posted later on in the day I would stand half a chance! Oh well, maybe next week when I have a few days off I will be able to participate!

Have fun everyone!! *please let me have babbled enough to have used a secret word to keep ahead and at the top of my game!*

Oh yeah, its nice of you to buy everyone a gift of a slice of pizza just for playing in the katkwery today!! More people should join in!

I am needing to know exactly when the Katkwery Superbowl Playoffs will be, so I can schedule my work around it! (If Im lucky enough) and that way I dont have to worry about not being able to participate in the fun! I dont want to miss out on something like that so if you know will you please let me know?? Or when you find out?? That way I can figure something out with work! Thank You!
You are ousting marianjela with your verbose answers! I will tell you this, there was a clean sweep today but I wonder if there was a word left for you to get even with all the words you used. We shall soon see when the results are posted. But before I do that, I have to go see if marianjela is correct in her count of straight wins. So everybody knows I am computing the winners. But nobody knows when I will post the results. Persi is laying here by the computer and will signal me when to post the results!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's a good thing I run an honest contest here.
Hmmm, I might just remember this comment when the playoffs come...
Hehehe, good thing I trust you or else I wouldnt have been brazen enough to post it

As far as the playoffs go.... I might be one of those players that cant make it... well for the end part, I'm not sure.

We will be going on a Childhood Cancer Retreat, called The Lighthouse, in Florida which is the 5th-9th (not including the days traveling there). I'm not sure how the internet connection is or what my time allotment for it will be...

So Glitch, you might not have to worry about me after all

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

One thing I ask when ordering pizza in a new place is whether the mushrooms are fresh or canned. If they are canned, I decline the mushrooms. (With enough jalapenos, you never notice anything else missing.)
that's 'cause your taste buds are burnt off!
but i agree - i'd prefer no mushrooms to canned mushrooms. i always ask, as well.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

PS - not that I'm counting or anything
but my winning streak is actually 10.

My first streak was 9 (not 7), winning the Kwerys 7/18 through 7/26. (Dates wins were posted 7/19 - 7/27)

My second streak came 8/6 through 8/15. (Dates posted 8/7 to 8/16) which I kinda of just snuck in there.

I'm just saying

Hah! We were both wrong! Either that or our History File is deceiving us.
I now get 9 but I think I see why you are counting 10. It is because there is a win in there for KatKwiz of 2000 points. You were paid twice on the 16th, but one of those were for the 15th. Total count of KatKwery wins in a row I now get 9. Well anyway, had Yam not went away for three days, she would have broke your record. Let's see if she won today!

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

You are ousting marianjela with your verbose answers! I will tell you this, there was a clean sweep today but I wonder if there was a word left for you to get even with all the words you used. We shall soon see when the results are posted. But before I do that, I have to go see if marianjela is correct in her count of straight wins. So everybody knows I am computing the winners. But nobody knows when I will post the results. Persi is laying here by the computer and will signal me when to post the results!
I wasnt actually counting, but when you quoted my 7-streak win, I had thought that I beat that record with a higher streak, so of course my interest was piqued and I had to check.

At first I was confused, because I went to my Shop Menu Personal History, and the numbers in my history werent matching the numbers you have posted on the KatKwery standings page... My history is two wins behind. So I got "worried" that I wasnt actually as close to the top as we all thought.

That made me do a thread by thread search and I seen there were two wins not listed in my history. <shwew!>

That and it made me realize my first streak was actually 9 - not 7 and that my second streak was 10. And I remember that one because I was bummed
cuz I was SO close
Anyway, if you want to see the dates I have, just send me a PM and I'll help you out. I know I spent way more time than I should of putzing around looking at the posts.

Which by the way - did you know when you do an Advanced Search using the "Persi & Alley" as the user name and entering the keyword *Kwery*, choose the option to "search titles only" and also the "find threads started by user" option, that not all of the KatKwerys show up???

And I tried various different ways to enter the keyword with still the same frustrating results. I was trying to get them to list by date in descending order, to no avail.

Hmmmm.... maybe a good KatKwiz topic -

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hah! We were both wrong! Either that or our History File is deceiving us.
My history is wrong. I had a win on the 26th of July (Kwery date 25th) that isnt in my history, and also on the 7th of August (Kwery date 6th) that arent showing up.

I now get 9 but I think I see why you are counting 10. It is because there is a win in there for KatKwiz of 2000 points. You were paid twice on the 16th, but one of those were for the 15th.
And I seen the KatKwiz thing on the 16th... I actually made an excel file out of my history so I could sort things better - LOL - I am such a database geek! I seen that double payment in the 16th also, but because my win/payment on the 7th isnt showing up, the count is down by one.

My first streak was 9 and the second at 10.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
PS - not that it really matter, I was just trying to save my sanity, because I thought I remembered being so close to 11-streaks.

Was almost late for the Make-A-Wish softball tournament last night because I spent too much time messing around in the Advanced Search and lost track of time.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hehehe, good thing I trust you or else I wouldnt have been brazen enough to post it

As far as the playoffs go.... I might be one of those players that cant make it... well for the end part, I'm not sure.

We will be going on a Childhood Cancer Retreat, called The Lighthouse, in Florida which is the 5th-9th (not including the days traveling there). I'm not sure how the internet connection is or what my time allotment for it will be...

So Glitch, you might not have to worry about me after all
We will figure a way around this. I can have the ten questions for each playoff round made up ahead of time. You can PM me your answers. It would be like absentee ballot voting in fact. Keep in close touch with me on this. The first two out of three playoffs will be Oct 2-4. The semifinals will be Oct 6-8 (ouch!) and the finals 10-12. As Oct 1 nears, we will know your opponent. You have been an important and integral part of KatKwery and we certainly will not let your Childhood Cancer Retreat in any way keep you from playing. Yep, that's it. Absentee ballot voting. Persi and I will figure it out.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We will figure a way around this. I can have the ten questions for each playoff round made up ahead of time. You can PM me your answers. It would be like absentee ballot voting in fact. Keep in close touch with me on this. The first two out of three playoffs will be Oct 2-4. The semifinals will be Oct 6-8 (ouch!) and the finals 10-12. As Oct 1 nears, we will know your opponent. You have been an important and integral part of KatKwery and we certainly will not let your Childhood Cancer Retreat in any way keep you from playing. Yep, that's it. Absentee ballot voting. Persi and I will figure it out.
Oh thanks Lee! That's nice of you and a great solution!! But who knows, I just might be eliminated in the first round (which I'll still be home for) and wont have to worry about the rest of the playoffs

Anyway, thanks for thinking of the absentee thing. That was clever thinking.