Weldrwomn's natural habitat

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bet you are all saying to yourselves "I wonder what the natural habitat of a Weldrwomn looks like" (well, maybe not
) Well, stand by with baited breath no longer. Here are some senic photos from my trip back home.

Mt Hood from the airplane window

These are all of the Rogue River. Parts of the movie "A river wild" starring Meryl Streep and Kevin Bacon were filmed on this river.

chadsgirl374

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's so beautiful! I just love the mountains and used to spend summers with my grandmother in the mountains. I live in Florida and I was born here also. I just can't wait to get out of this flat, humid, hurricane-riddled state and head to the mountains. DBF and I are saving our money to buy a house and have pretty much decided on moving to Colorado - we have to wait until I finish school first however. We just love mountain biking, but since we live in Florida the only time we get anywhere close to "mountain" biking is when we happen to run over a large tree branch in the woods. We just can't wait!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Having worked and lived in Tampa, I can vouch that it is pretty flat. From maybe the 15 stories up in my office, I could see Columbia Space Shuttle being launched from Cape Canaveral for shuttle mission 2.

The pictures look great, but what are you welding in them?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
alright here you go...

Me welding

finished product

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, TIG! Wanna teach me?

I bet you watch those shows like "American Choppers" and see how they do it wrong, don't you?

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Wow, TIG! Wanna teach me?

I bet you watch those shows like "American Choppers" and see how they do it wrong, don't you?
I do watch those shows, but they don't show much of the finished welds. I will say that from a safety aspect, those shows aren't very good. Just try welding in a t-shirt...you will be peeling for a good week b/c of sunburn.

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
have any pics of you without the welder mask? lol i'm curious now to what you look like

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welding a mountain is only slightly more involved than welding a molehill

stellasqueaks

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

Welding a mountain is only slightly more involved than welding a molehill
Hi WELDRWOMN. Your avatar is adorable. May I ask where you found it or did you make it? So cute!! I found it when doing a search on why my cat has a loud howl *lol*

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Beautiful pictures! It's a gorgeous place to live!

And I'm very impressed with your work!

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 2dogmom

Nice! I thought this was going to be inside a shop and you were going to be wearing a welding mask.

Great shot of Mt hood!
I thought so also!!! But like everyone said amazing photos!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nice photos. Is that a state park you go to a lot?
Love the heart - that would have made a lovely unique wedding gift. I assumed that was what it was, but I couldn't make out the smaller writing on my screen.
You are very talented and make wonderful gifts, as I know firsthand.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Nice photos. Is that a state park you go to a lot?
Love the heart - that would have made a lovely unique wedding gift. I assumed that was what it was, but I couldn't make out the smaller writing on my screen.
You are very talented and make wonderful gifts, as I know firsthand.
Actually, those shots of the Rogue River were just taken from the roadside along an approx 20-30 mile stretch.

The heart is a memorial plaque for my aunt and uncle that died together when their plane crashed in 2003. It sits in my other aunt and uncles backyard. They originally had the saying carved into sandstone, but it crumbled so I made a replacement that would never crumble or break. This is a closeup.