*****KatKwiz! - Sept. 4 - G in your username?*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Starting today, KatKwiz will feature some way of making extra points, over and above the base 2,000. Today, you score an extra 1000 points if there is a g in your username. Don't worry, other letters will be used in the future!

I have decided, for my own reasons, that I no longer want to have people send me PMs. In addition, I want my usertitle to read No PMs, please! Show the steps from right here to accomplish this.

I am not antisocial at all, this is just a test.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Starting today, KatKwiz will feature some way of making extra points, over and above the base 2,000. Today, you score an extra 1000 points if there is a g in your username. Don't worry, other letters will be used in the future!

I have decided, for my own reasons, that I no longer want to have people send me PMs. In addition, I want my usertitle to read No PMs, please! Show the steps from right here to accomplish this.

I am not antisocial at all, this is just a test.
Looks like a hint is needed. You start with User CP.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go to user control panel, then go to edit options, then disable private messaging then turn off the pop up notification my name has a g too

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go to "User CP"
Choose "Edit Options"
scroll down and uncheck the box that says "Enable Private Messaging"
SAVE changes

THEN choose "Edit Profile" on the side bar
scroll down to the Custom User Title Section
Type in "No PMs Please
SAVE changes

no "g" in my name but oh well.....

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just knew somehow I wasn't gonna win this one, I totally misunderstood that last part, thinking it meant he didn't want his user to be able to read pm's

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I don't have a G either, but just wanted you all to know I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Well, I don't have a G either, but just wanted you all to know I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth.
Hi Kim!!!! Glad to see you on this side of the tracks

I almost didnt come in this room today as I was sure it was already answered, then when I read the question I was shocked to see it wasnt.

The Italian version of my name is Mariangela.... but a long time ago, when I first signed up for an account somewhere (cant even remember where) that name was already taken so I changed the "g" to a "j" and voila.... a username was born.

Guess I missed out on the bonus points, but better luck next time

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marianjela

Hi Kim!!!! Glad to see you on this side of the tracks

I almost didnt come in this room today as I was sure it was already answered, then when I read the question I was shocked to see it wasnt.

The Italian version of my name is Mariangela.... but a long time ago, when I first signed up for an account somewhere (cant even remember where) that name was already taken so I changed the "g" to a "j" and voila.... a username was born.

Guess I missed out on the bonus points, but better luck next time
Well, I have two teenagers in high school (2 different schools
) so I FEEL like I've fallen off the face of the Earth, LOL.

That's a pretty name, Mariangela. I don't think my name has an equivalent in Italian, but I make up for it with my last name!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chadsgirl374

My user name contains a G
But you have to win. When I say in addition to the 2,000 points that means in addition to the 2,000 points that you would win for answering the question. Note that yesterday you could have won 10,000 points. From now on you can win from 3,000 to 10,000 points on KatKwiz but you have to solve the puzzle or question for today. If you do not have the special qualifier, you still win the basic 2,000 points. So somebody today will win either 2,000 or 3,000 points depending on whether there is a g in their username. Sorry for any confusion. Please come back and try to answer the question. I see you have very few posts but if you read the answers every day, eventually you start knowing all the areas of TCS.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Go to "User CP"
Choose "Edit Options"
scroll down and uncheck the box that says "Enable Private Messaging"
SAVE changes

THEN choose "Edit Profile" on the side bar
scroll down to the Custom User Title Section
Type in "No PMs Please
SAVE changes

no "g" in my name but oh well.....
As you know from the past I am a scoundrel at times.
Had somebody entered the information you just supplied
without doing the SAVE changes, they would not have won.
But you suppled everything and I do not have anything to add BUT:

I was talking about myself. Not everybody can perform the steps above but you can read about who can and who cannot right here:
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46669

CONGRATULATIONS TO MARIANJELA!

2,000 points to you. You would have won 3,000 points had you a g in your username.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Good, glad to hear it. Despite the fact that you are not in the top 8 of KatKwery you can easily be there by the end of the month. Even if not, one of the top 8 players cannot be in the playoffs so you only have to make it to 9th place and you only need a few points to make it there.

marianjela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, I have two teenagers in high school (2 different schools
) so I FEEL like I've fallen off the face of the Earth, LOL.

That's a pretty name, Mariangela. I don't think my name has an equivalent in Italian, but I make up for it with my last name!
Yeah, it sure does! The vowels at the end give it away every time

My grandfather was Italian, his parent immigrated here in the early 1900's, my grandfather would call me Mariangela, and it always sounded better coming from his lips!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yeah, it sure does! The vowels at the end give it away every time

My grandfather was Italian, his parent immigrated here in the early 1900's, my grandfather would call me Mariangela, and it always sounded better coming from his lips!
My hubby's grandfather and grandmother both came over from Italy about that same time. He never knew his grandfather, but remembers his grandmother's wonderful cooking of course.