11 cats in the house and I caught the mouse!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday while starting to bake I discovered that a mouse had been in my pantry and there were holes in some of the packets. So I had a huge clearout, throwing stuff away and putting the rest in plastic cartons. Then I scrubbed the cupboard and put a mousetrap with some apple bait on the shelf.

This morning when I opened the cupboard there was a dead mouse in the trap. But before I could pick it up Biscotte had jumped on the shelf, grabbed the mouse and started walking proudly round the kitchen with it! I don't know - my eight cats, my daughter's two kittens that I am looking after for her and Ginger Tom - I catch the mouse and then one of them claims the kill. It's just not fair.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's funny to know that Biscotte took the mouse to show off, even though he didn't catch it in the first place...maybe he is feeling proud of himself?

twokatz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Too funny
I always say if my two saw a mouse they would probably jump on the counter and expect ME to take care of it

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Biscotte: "I have the mouse. I will take the mouse and show off my kill to the others. You will not mention this. After all, I am a French cat and that says it all."

Of course, that also says it all for American cats, Canadian cats, Spanish cats, etc.
Cats do not understand country borders.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

Yesterday while starting to bake I discovered that a mouse had been in my pantry and there were holes in some of the packets. So I had a huge clearout, throwing stuff away and putting the rest in plastic cartons. Then I scrubbed the cupboard and put a mousetrap with some apple bait on the shelf.

This morning when I opened the cupboard there was a dead mouse in the trap. But before I could pick it up Biscotte had jumped on the shelf, grabbed the mouse and started walking proudly round the kitchen with it! I don't know - my eight cats, my daughter's two kittens that I am looking after for her and Ginger Tom - I catch the mouse and then one of them claims the kill. It's just not fair.
As long as Biscotte thinks she/he is the rightful killer, I would not divulge the truth!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good girl Biscotte!!

I had a similar situation one time at my old farmhouse. I was standing in the kitchen with about 6 cats around me when a mouse ran across the floor. I screamed "eek" and jumped on a chair. The cats looked at the mouse, then looked at me like "when you going to catch that for us mom?". DH had to catch the mouse and after he had it trapped in the bag (to release outside), then the cats got interested in it.

This is not a French cat only attitude!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twokatz

Too funny
I always say if my two saw a mouse they would probably jump on the counter and expect ME to take care of it
Yeah! That would be my 2! The other day I was in the bathroom and Abby was laying by my feet wanting belly rubs. As I was rubbing her tummy and neck she spied a little black beetle headed under the vanity (it sits on a pedestal so there is about 5" between the bottom of the vanity and the floor). Abby went over and laid down to watch it, she even stuck her head under the vanity once or twice. I then saw the beetle mosey on over to the side of the vanity beside me. Abby just watched it, stood up, stretched, yawned and left!