Meowmy's Little Helper

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been trying to do my last Income and Expense Report for August, for oh.... about 2 hours! The reason it's taking so long is because Chynna keeps wanting to get up on the desk and either messes up my adding machine or the papers on the desk

I've tried to ignore her but then she goes off and pesters and stalks Abby and makes her run and scream

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean. if I don't entertain them they seek out each other...and one of them is usually NOT in the mood to play and that's the one they go after.

I think i'll get out da bird tonite...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mistressotdark

lol too cute....they found a new toy
Abby sure thought so.

I finally managed to get the paperwork done and pushed the adding machine towards the back of the desk. But I forgot to turn it off and it was set to print. Abby got up and decided to lay on the adding machine and it started to print!

She leaped up and stared at it intently even after it stopped. I left it on for a bit to see what she would do. She put her paw on it a couple of times and it printed, but she couldn't put it all together and figure out that stepping on a button caused it to print

mistressotdark

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Abby sure thought so.

I finally managed to get the paperwork done and pushed the adding machine towards the back of the desk. But I forgot to turn it off and it was set to print. Abby got up and decided to lay on the adding machine and it started to print!

She leaped up and stared at it intently even after it stopped. I left it on for a bit to see what she would do. She put her paw on it a couple of times and it printed, but she couldn't put it all together and figure out that stepping on a button caused it to print
now thats funny...just like sabrina stepped on my keyboard at home..and a sound played..boy did she jump...
it was way too funny.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Abby is pretty smart. I think if I would have left her with the adding machine for a while longer she would have figured it out.

I remember when she first came to live with me. She was a tiny thing at 4 months old.

I kept the catnip in the freezer of my fridge. It's the kind that has a separate freezer door. I came home from work one day and my freezer door was wide open and all of my ice cubes were melted! I thought I might have left it ajar before I left for work and when Abby jumped onto the top of the fridge to get to the top of the cupboards that she might have pushed it open.

The next day it was the same thing. And the day after that too!
Now I knew I had made sure the door was firmly closed before I left for work and it seemed to take a bit of effort to open it once it was closed.

One day I was sitting in my living room at the computer and I heard a banging and scratching and thumping sound coming from the kitchen behind me.

I got up and looked and there was Abby hanging off the front of the freezer door and pushing herself off the door with her hind legs and swinging her body from side to side. She managed to open the door!!!

Mystery solved! I wasn't going crazy after all! Abby could smell the catnip and figured out a way to open the freezer door, but she couldn't figure out how to get inside the freezer to get at the catnip.

After that I used packing tape to keep my freezer shut. She eventually broke the habit and stopped trying once she figured out that her little acrobatic act wasn't working anymore!