I'm so dumb!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My lips felt dry and I think I'm getting a cold sore in the corner: either that or a pimple. I decided to put some Blistex ointment on.

As I was rubbing it in well, I noticed that it tasted kind of minty and about a minute later my lips started to feel tingly.

I looked at the tube of Blistex because I had never had that kind of reaction from it before, only to notice that I slathered my mouth with Oragel; that stuff that you use to freeze gums during infant teething or toothaches!

I went and washed my face, but the damage was done. My lips and tongue are sufficiently numb!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Should wear off in 10 to 15 minutes, though, right? Or at least it does for me, the stuff is practically useless.

At least it was just Oragel, what if it had been something gross like a tube of hydrocortisone cream?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Should wear off in 10 to 15 minutes, though, right? Or at least it does for me, the stuff is practically useless.

At least it was just Oragel, what if it had been something gross like a tube of hydrocortisone cream?
Or Preparation H!

The numbness is almost gone. Just a wee bit left on my upper lip.

I use Oragel to freeze my ingrown toenail so that I can work on the corner. I forgot to put it back in the medicine cabinet when I was done, and the tube is the same size as the Blistex one. I wasn't really paying attention because I was watching a movie. That will teach me to blindly put on lip balm!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

My lips felt dry and I think I'm getting a cold sore in the corner: either that or a pimple. I decided to put some Blistex ointment on.

As I was rubbing it in well, I noticed that it tasted kind of minty and about a minute later my lips started to feel tingly.

I looked at the tube of Blistex because I had never had that kind of reaction from it before, only to notice that I slathered my mouth with Oragel; that stuff that you use to freeze gums during infant teething or toothaches!

I went and washed my face, but the damage was done. My lips and tongue are sufficiently numb!
oh my, that's funny.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the I-shoulda-looked-first club. I entered it when my deodarant ran out and I had to use the one at my health club. Trouble is, they have deodorant and hairspray pumps next to each other. So, I hair sprayed my underarms which is, of course, hysterical because I get waxed.

Well, at least I didn't spray the deodorant on my hair.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

Welcome to the I-shoulda-looked-first club. I entered it when my deodarant ran out and I had to use the one at my health club. Trouble is, they have deodorant and hairspray pumps next to each other. So, I hair sprayed my underarms which is, of course, hysterical because I get waxed.

That's as bad as me washing my hair with cream rinse and thinking the shampoo was really, really crummy. It wouldn't have been so bad had I not taken it back to Shopper's Drug Mart for a refund

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have washed my hair with shower gel a few times when I haven't taken much notice of the label
It still made my hair clean and shiny!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I had something like that but it began with a T. I used to put it on my lip for a numb feeling, but usually ended up licking it somehow and then my tongue would end up numb. It was a funny sensation

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by butzie

Well, at least you would have had really nice smelling hair! And your head would have stayed dry, too!

That's as bad as me washing my hair with cream rinse and thinking the shampoo was really, really crummy. It wouldn't have been so bad had I not taken it back to Shopper's Drug Mart for a refund

At least y'all weren't stupid enough to use dishwashing detergent in your dishwasher instead of dishwasher gel..

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

Well, at least you would have had really nice smelling hair! And your head would have stayed dry, too!

At least y'all weren't stupid enough to use dishwashing detergent in your dishwasher instead of dishwasher gel..
Hey, I have used liquid dish suds in the dishwasher before. I was a teenager and I used the logic that, "since we are out of dish washer powder, and the liquid suds say that they are for dishes...should work...right?"

Mom and Dad came home to knee-high suds in the kitchen and a rather panicked looking daughter....oops

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

Hey, I have used liquid dish suds in the dishwasher before. I was a teenager and I used the logic that, "since we are out of dish washer powder, and the liquid suds say that they are for dishes...should work...right?"

Mom and Dad came home to knee-high suds in the kitchen and a rather panicked looking daughter....oops
I should have known better: I just did it recently, at the age of 49.
At least you were only a teenage, who didn't know any better!

It was the same situation: I ran out of dishwasher gel, and figured that just a little dishwashing detergent wouldn't make a lot of suds. Boy - was I wrong!
I spent 3 hours cleaning up suds, after having to run the rinse cycle repeatedly to eliminate them all. It WON'T happen again!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Too funny!!

One time I rubbed a solid perfume all over my lips when I thought I was putting lip balm on because the Lush tins of lip balm and solid perfume are the same shape and size

wildfire203

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I once used cocktail sauce instead of a marinated by mistake. Cocktail sauce appaerntly burns in the stove.

Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Too funny!!

One time I rubbed a solid perfume all over my lips when I thought I was putting lip balm on because the Lush tins of lip balm and solid perfume are the same shape and size
I just bought some soild Perfume from there I'll have to make sure I don't do that