Speaking of wildlife...

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our distibution center is sort of out in the country. I remember a time when this was all farm fields.

So, we have quite a bit of wildlife around. No deer that I've seen, but plenty of birds and small animals. I've mentioned a few of the injured birds.

Well, we've had a skunk around, too. I only saw him, never smelled him. I've walked within a few feet of him several times, and enjoyed watching him rooting around in the grass, hunting. (This was always the middle of the night.) I've heard skunks are actually quite fearless and friendly. I didn't seem to bother him, even though I know he saw me there.

Anyway, yesterday morning when I went to work, I smelled skunk around the guard shack. Sure enough, I saw a mashed skunk in the road. It made me feel bad. I sure hope someone didn't run him over on purpose. There is a lot of traffic on that pavement a couple of times per day. I don't know if this skunk was my little friend, but I suspect so.

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
it's funny cos my bf breaks for any animal may it be a raccoon or a seagull
and I love him for it

I'm sorry to hear about your skunk friend

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I once had a friend who lived in the country in Arkansas. He said he was sitting on the front porch steps late one evening when he caught movement out of the corner of his eye. He thought it was his cat and reached down and petted it. It felt a little odd, and when he looked, it was a skunk, enjoying being petted! It had to be a wild one, too; no houses within quite a distance.