I am so upset...

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's official.....

I am at the heaviest I have ever been at in my life.....

I mean I'm not obese but certainly not comfortable in my own skin and am definately overweight for my height.

I weighed myself for the first time in a while today and I sobbed and then told Travis and cried again.

I went back on my very strict diet of fruits and salads for lunch and fresh fruit smoothies for breakfast every other day and cereal every other day.

I really wanted to lose some weight before having to go try on dresses again. Now I am DREADING going to get my wedding dress....

Anyone else feel the same right now and what are doing to get the weight off, if applicable....?

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in your boat! I'm overweight for my height but not "fat" either. I just got unhappy with my appearance. I'm wearing jeans with holes in them because I couldn't bear going clothes shopping at this weight.

I've started eating fruit and nuts for breakfast and a salad or plate of raw veggies for lunch. I cut out most meat, a lot of dairy, and stopped buying grocery store breads. (I also don't eat white flours, sugars, pastas, etc. but that is nothing new for me.) I started eating this way a couple of weeks ago, and also fixed up my bike so that I can cycle most places that I need to go instead of driving. I hate going to gyms, so I needed to come up with another way to be more active.

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I feel the same. I stepped on the scale the other day for the first time in ages and it was so depressing. And a little traumatic.
I havent done anything about it yet, I love to cook so a diet would be so hard for me. I've been hoping to make some time to exercise but Im one of those people that has a really hard time getting and staying motivated. If I could go out and run four miles it'd be great, but starting out with a few times around the block..ehh, not so much.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its is always about where you feel good at.
does not matter if socity says your fat or not.

i can relate(yea i know i am guy), but i can not eat much or i gain weight. 90% of the time, i feel like i am more rabbit then man

i get so sick of eating fruit and veggies , when what i really want is gallon of ice cream, or big huge glass of ice cold milk(yummy)

lol the other day at the store, i passed ben & jerry's butter pecan ice cream, and i swear my hands started shaking i wanted it, (and i dont even like butter pecan)

oh well, i have 2 bannanas, and peach, and some tuna for 11 hour work day

lol not much fun i know

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure if you have any health issues causing your weight - that you know of. If you don't know, please make sure there aren't.
Other then that, I'm a firm believer that diets, especially trend following diets, don't work. If you suddenly cut too many calories out your body will mistakenly think it needs to hold on to more to keep from starving, making it rather pointless.
As for fat, cutting it out of your diet by going low fat on everything is bad too. People need some fat to properly digest things.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actually found that by just cutting my portions into a small plate really helps me lose weight! Sticking to fruit and salads dont make me lose weight.

My diet last year worked excellent, have a good carby lunch, like pasta or any other heavy thing but just a small plate full of it, and then for dinner just fruit or veggies that you really enjoy. I found this to be the best way as i wasnt craving for the foods i really wanted.

Dont stick to just salads or fruits for the whole day as its not going to keep enough energy levels up for you!

Hope this helps hun!

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was younger in my 20-30's I was a tiny petite size 3-5. Now as mid life hormones are leaving me I have gained quite a bit of weight. I have gained weight in places I never thought I would! I hate it! Plus the cholesterol levels are to the point of medication. I don't seem to have the energy anymore like I used to. I don't know if that could be a part of the mid life change.

On the flip side of the coin I am very happy and content with my life now. I need to really start watching what I eat. It seems like food is very unforgiving now.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am with you, mew2much. I was so proud of myself for losing 20 lbs,then my doctor put me on steroids and I gained it all back in about 12 minutes. I try so hard sometimes, but can never seem to lose enough to bother. Both my parents were big, as were 3 of my grandparents and 2 of my siblings.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel your pain.
I'm gaining weight again, too, but in my case, it's not because I'm overeating or anything, but due to lack of exercise. But b/c of the situation with my back & all, I can't exercise the way I used to.

I lost quite a bit of weight years ago (before the situation with my back got really bad) by doing a lot of walking, and eating several small meals a day instead of 2-3 bigger ones. I even ate chocolate and other goodies, and still lost weight. If you deprive yourself from all the goodies, your body just craves it more and you end up pigging out on the stuff. But if you only have a little every day, you're fulfilling your cravings but still able to lose weight.

I think the most important factor in losing weight is enough exercise. I was only walking about 1/2 mile a day when I first started doing it, but was soon up to 3-5 miles a day. And the weight came off fast! I lost like 40 lbs. in a few months!

But you know what? Beauty is only skin deep. It's what's on the inside that counts!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

Its is always about where you feel good at.
does not matter if socity says your fat or not.

i can relate(yea i know i am guy), but i can not eat much or i gain weight. 90% of the time, i feel like i am more rabbit then man

i get so sick of eating fruit and veggies , when what i really want is gallon of ice cream, or big huge glass of ice cold milk(yummy)

lol the other day at the store, i passed ben & jerry's butter pecan ice cream, and i swear my hands started shaking i wanted it, (and i dont even like butter pecan)

oh well, i have 2 bannanas, and peach, and some tuna for 11 hour work day

lol not much fun i know
OH! ICE CREAM! No..no....

I have been doing that all day! I just don't need it though. That one bite of ice cream will do nothing for me...

Bruce-Just think of what the outcome will be

Originally Posted by strange_wings

I'm not sure if you have any health issues causing your weight - that you know of. If you don't know, please make sure there aren't.
Other then that, I'm a firm believer that diets, especially trend following diets, don't work. If you suddenly cut too many calories out your body will mistakenly think it needs to hold on to more to keep from starving, making it rather pointless.
As for fat, cutting it out of your diet by going low fat on everything is bad too. People need some fat to properly digest things.
No health problems. Like I said I'm not obese, I'm just a tad overweight and not happy how I look anymore

OH and the fiance dieted-he watched what he ate and counted calories nd exercising 4x a week and lost 90lbs in a year and a half
So diets DO work if you use them correctly

Originally Posted by fwan

I actually found that by just cutting my portions into a small plate really helps me lose weight! Sticking to fruit and salads dont make me lose weight.

My diet last year worked excellent, have a good carby lunch, like pasta or any other heavy thing but just a small plate full of it, and then for dinner just fruit or veggies that you really enjoy. I found this to be the best way as i wasnt craving for the foods i really wanted.

Dont stick to just salads or fruits for the whole day as its not going to keep enough energy levels up for you!

Hope this helps hun!
No the salads and fruits would just be a lunch thing. I like food too much to starve myself all day!

Originally Posted by KittKatt

I feel your pain.
I'm gaining weight again, too, but in my case, it's not because I'm overeating or anything, but due to lack of exercise. But b/c of the situation with my back & all, I can't exercise the way I used to.

I lost quite a bit of weight years ago (before the situation with my back got really bad) by doing a lot of walking, and eating several small meals a day instead of 2-3 bigger ones. I even ate chocolate and other goodies, and still lost weight. If you deprive yourself from all the goodies, your body just craves it more and you end up pigging out on the stuff. But if you only have a little every day, you're fulfilling your cravings but still able to lose weight.

I think the most important factor in losing weight is enough exercise. I was only walking about 1/2 mile a day when I first started doing it, but was soon up to 3-5 miles a day. And the weight came off fast! I lost like 40 lbs. in a few months!

But you know what? Beauty is only skin deep. It's what's on the inside that counts!
Not what I see....Beauty is more than that to me right now
I know that I won't be the way I was in high school but I know that I can work my way back to it by being healthier. I once lost 12lbs last year! But then I got discouraged because Travis was losing more weight and faster so I quit and gained it all back and then some.

GOOD FOR YOU-walking 3 miles! I don't think I can do that now but I am going to the fitness center 4x a week though.

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm also on this journey and that how I need to think of it. I started at 270 lbs and a year and half later I'm getting close to my first goal of being under 200 lbs for the first time in 20 yrs. I'v found that eating better has made me feel better-what a concept.

I also started exercising, I joined Curves and then moved on to a regular gym. I've been going 3x a week every week for at least the last year.

I'm trying not to think of it as a diet that will end someday but a lifestyle change. This is my new way of eating and taking care of myself. It doesn't hurt I'm starting to like how I look in the mirror. Keep at it-one step and meal at a time.

rach80

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I too am in the overweight boat. I weighed about 240lbs last June. I'm down to 209 now.

I gained alot of weight cause of medications which I am now off of but it is taking forever to lose that weight.

What has worked for me is the Nutrisystem diet. I'm doing that right now...and have lost a fair amount of weight on it. I initially lost the 31lbs being on that diet.

But any diet that's low in bad carbs, portion controlled and includes a fair amount of water at least 64 oz a day. And the weight will start coming off.

And every little bit you can do for exercise helps...even if it's parking that extra space away in the grocery store.

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am totally in your boat , i am though very very obese.. want to lose weight after a day i give up and feel pathetic
slimming clubs tried , used to blame it on pcos but.. how long can u blame it on somthing , you can do it hun.. <3
Jess x