TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › *****KatKwery! - Sept. 3*****
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

*****KatKwery! - Sept. 3*****

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
This is going to be an exciting month! Marianjela used chance and is now threatening Glitch to have the highest seed, which means advantage all the way through the playoffs. Yam102284 started rather late in the season but has still managed to move into 7th place by using the word think. Issue, inside, and notice(d) were not used.

Today's KatKwiz was about luxury cat beds.

Do you have a bed specifically designated as a cat bed? Where is/are your cats' favorite place to sleep? Assuming you are in the majority here and let your cats into bed with you, do they have any "reserved" places to sleep? What other places do your cats like to sleep (like during the day). There is an article here on TCS and was a KatKwiz question about the number of hours a cat sleeps; how many hours a day would you say your cats sleep?

The KatKwery standings were updated several hours ago and then TCS crashed and I have frantically been trying to get back on. No dice. However, Glitch has managed to keep her first place standing by being the last person to answer on many occasions when there were only one or two words left. Posting now will give her a better shot and perhaps we will get some newbies to answer at this time. Let's see...
post #2 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley View Post
Do you have a bed specifically designated as a cat bed? Where is/are your cats' favorite place to sleep? Assuming you are in the majority here and let your cats into bed with you, do they have any "reserved" places to sleep? What other places do your cats like to sleep (like during the day). There is an article here on TCS and was a KatKwiz question about the number of hours a cat sleeps; how many hours a day would you say your cats sleep?
Thank you

I don't have a bed specifically designed at the cat bed. I've made up some things with towels and blankets that the cats like to sleep on. One day I put two pool towels on top of a side table my grandfather made, and Kairi decided to make that her new bed. I didn't even mean to make it a new bed for her, she just loved laying on it for some odd reason. They also have a couple blankets they love to sleep on, so we'll be bringing those to the kennel with us when we board them in a couple weeks.

We always allow the cats to sleep with us. There were a few weeks where Namine was waking me up at 2 a.m. and we started shutting her in the spare bedroom, but that has now stopped. Namine likes to sleep on my pillow, right above my head. She was hogging all my pillow that I even put a second pillow behind mine so she could use that. Kairi usually sleeps by my boyfriends feet or sleeps in between us.

My cats are lazy; they'll sleep anywhere. I think Kairi's favorite places are anywhere where my boyfriend's clothes are and on top of that table my grandfather made. Namine's favorite places are on top of an old blanket that was once my dog's and on top of the cat tree. I think my cats sleep all day. That's what they're doing when I leave them in the morning, and that's what they're doing when I get home usually, unless they're hungry and want to be fed.
post #3 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley View Post
Today's KatKwiz was about luxury cat beds.

Do you have a bed specifically designated as a cat bed? Where is/are your cats' favorite place to sleep? Assuming you are in the majority here and let your cats into bed with you, do they have any "reserved" places to sleep? What other places do your cats like to sleep (like during the day). There is an article here on TCS and was a KatKwiz question about the number of hours a cat sleeps; how many hours a day would you say your cats sleep?

The KatKwery standings were updated several hours ago and then TCS crashed and I have frantically been trying to get back on. No dice. However, Glitch has managed to keep her first place standing by being the last person to answer on many occasions when there were only one or two words left. Posting now will give her a better shot and perhaps we will get some newbies to answer at this time. Let's see...
Rusty likes to sleep behind the futon/sofa during the day. At night, both girls will either sleep under the bed or in one of the two perches we have on the cat tree. They actually "argue" as to who gets the top perch! We also have a soft kitty condo that Dusty loves to sleep in. Basically, the girls will sleep anywhere they want to!
post #4 of 14
I guess I did use a secret word after all. Thank you very much. You never know, sometimes despite my book-writing skills, I still miss a word, even though there are five to hit on! I love seeing the pop-up PM notification box when I sign on TCS! Thanks again

Sadly I do not have a designated spot for my cats to sleep. We bought a bed/pillow for our dog, and he never sleeps in it. The cats, however, love to snuggle up in it! The cats have their carpeted tree/condo but they dont really hang out there much either. The cats pretty much lay wherever they want to! I dont know how many times I have had to boot them off my computer chair. But I think their favorite place is on the arm of the couch or on the backs of the cushions messing up the sofa. They hardly ever sleep in my bed, but they will come in there to wake us up in the morning. And you can bet you would never find them laying on the floor! I have a bench in my upstairs hallway just at the top of the stairs, I always find a cat or two lounging up there. Oh, I know - the LOVE to lie in the window sill and bask in the sun during the day!

Who needs a cat bed when you have the whole house at your leisure?

Another place I find them occasionally is on top of my cupboards. Never see them on the counter... but... hmmm....

So yeah, I think I would have to say their favorite place to rest is either on the couch or on my computer chair. I think they just love anyplace soft!

I would let my cats sleep with me, but surprising enough hubby is allergic to cats. If the cats sleep in the bed with us he wakes up all stuffy in the morning, but luckily, they really dont like to sleep with us anyway. Which is probably good, because when hubby is on the road, and I am in bed myself, I have tried to get the pets to sleep with me and I am restless all night because I get uncomfortable and wont move for fear of disturbing the cat.

Oh, I almost forgot - the cats love boxes and baskets. I dont know what it is about them, but if there is a basket laying around one of the cats will snuggle up in it. Or a box. Kind of like the picture you have of Persi, Lee, with him trying to fight with the oranges for his spot!

Ha - the cats dont have a reserved place to sleep, per se... they just sleep wherever they darn please. You know cats!

As usual, I had to go and find the article about the cats sleeping and I found it in the Behavior section (should've saved it for a KatKwiz question ) I was surprised to see them quote 13-18 hours. Well, 13 I can see... but 18 seems high. They are right, that is definitely some catnap! If I had to guess, I would say my cats sleep... hmmm... probably would be better to figure out how much they are actually awake. I guess I take my previous statement back. I'm not surprised at how much they sleep. Cats are always laying down relaxing somewhere. If not on your lap then somewhere. My older cats just get up to pretty much eat and poop - then to come lay on my lap for a petting and nap. The kitten stays up more, as he likes to play more. I do see Roly hunt socks all the time, but still, I would definitely think they sleep more than the 8 hours we get... I know they say cats are nocturnal, but I think they are probably both! LOL I'm going to go right in the middle of the average and say 15 hours. Interesting question.

Oh and I seen the crash - I went frantic too. First thing I did was go to clear my cookies - lol - but of couse it didnt work. I could get to the front page but that's it. I panicked for a minute. First thing that ran through my mind was if everyone else was still getting on and the game was going on without me. Anyway, I was happy it sign on just now and see it load. I held my breath though.
post #5 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley View Post
Do you have a bed specifically designated as a cat bed? Where is/are your cats' favorite place to sleep? Assuming you are in the majority here and let your cats into bed with you, do they have any "reserved" places to sleep? What other places do your cats like to sleep (like during the day). There is an article here on TCS and was a KatKwiz question about the number of hours a cat sleeps; how many hours a day would you say your cats sleep?
i have several - 2 donut beds [regular & extra large] & a slumberball bed, plus 2 catnappers [window seats]. the donut beds go thru 'favored' periods. Java really likes the slumberball, Cable & Chip like the catnappers. Pixel likes the 'heat reflective' pads [these aren't really beds, per se, tho]. Java tends to sleep w/me when the weather gets colder - she has the thinnest coat of the bunch. the others mostly just come by for evening loving when the mood strikes them. Cable seems to enjoy sleeping in the little cabin on the tall cat tree. they also like lying on the furniture & the floor [that latter especially in summer!] & right now i have some boxes w/flat packed furniture that are popular spots.
i figure they sleep most of the time when i'm gone - & they also sleep a good bit of the time when i'm here! so they sleep for many, many hours every day - i've never clocked them, tho.
post #6 of 14
I forgot to mention, in the winter the cats enjoy sleeping by the fireplace, or near the heating registers. Between sleeping in the sunshine and next to heating sources, you know cats like to warm and cozy. Unlike my dog who seems to always be hot and like to sleep in front of the door in the winter as our canine draft stopper

With all his fur, he likes it cold. When he was a puppy he used to love curling up behind the toilet. I imagine that the cold water in the bowl kept the ceramic nice and cool for him.

I'd like to see him try to squeeze his big butt back there now!
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley View Post
This is going to be an exciting month! Marianjela used chance and is now threatening Glitch to have the highest seed, which means advantage all the way through the playoffs. Yam102284 started rather late in the season but has still managed to move into 7th place by using the word think. Issue, inside, and notice(d) were not used.

Today's KatKwiz was about luxury cat beds.

Do you have a bed specifically designated as a cat bed? Where is/are your cats' favorite place to sleep? Assuming you are in the majority here and let your cats into bed with you, do they have any "reserved" places to sleep? What other places do your cats like to sleep (like during the day). There is an article here on TCS and was a KatKwiz question about the number of hours a cat sleeps; how many hours a day would you say your cats sleep?

The KatKwery standings were updated several hours ago and then TCS crashed and I have frantically been trying to get back on. No dice. However, Glitch has managed to keep her first place standing by being the last person to answer on many occasions when there were only one or two words left. Posting now will give her a better shot and perhaps we will get some newbies to answer at this time. Let's see...
Yeah, it's a box turned on it's side with a blanket in it. He usually sleeps on my bed though, or downstairs on the couch or chair. When he sleeping on my bed he usually lays up by my pillow. Sometimes he sleeps in the linen closet too. I've also seen him sleeping on the window sill. If i had to guess I'd say he sleeps around 19 -20 hours a day. He sleeps a lot during the day and then likes to keep me awake at night.
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley View Post
This is going to be an exciting month! Marianjela used chance and is now threatening Glitch to have the highest seed, which means advantage all the way through the playoffs. Yam102284 started rather late in the season but has still managed to move into 7th place by using the word think. Issue, inside, and notice(d) were not used.

Today's KatKwiz was about luxury cat beds.

Do you have a bed specifically designated as a cat bed? Where is/are your cats' favorite place to sleep? Assuming you are in the majority here and let your cats into bed with you, do they have any "reserved" places to sleep? What other places do your cats like to sleep (like during the day). There is an article here on TCS and was a KatKwiz question about the number of hours a cat sleeps; how many hours a day would you say your cats sleep?

The KatKwery standings were updated several hours ago and then TCS crashed and I have frantically been trying to get back on. No dice. However, Glitch has managed to keep her first place standing by being the last person to answer on many occasions when there were only one or two words left. Posting now will give her a better shot and perhaps we will get some newbies to answer at this time. Let's see...

My bed is the cat bed! I like the cats to sleep with me! They sleep next to me and around me and I will sleep around them! They are kings of the house!! My cat can sleep up to 16 hours a day or more if they want too!
Im still in first place but lets see how long that last!! The couch is also used as a cat bed too, they cuddle on it when they are in the mood, and most definatly I will be the last person to post today since Im a whole day late I just hope I didn't miss anything!! So Im here! I hope I use a secret words!! I dont want to lose my place!! I like it there! hehe No better place to be than at the top of the list!!
post #9 of 14
Uh Oh marienjela is only 700 points away from me!!! OH NO!!!! I didn't realize she was that close!! I better get my butt working to get some of these words before I lose my position!!
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitch View Post
Uh Oh marienjela is only 700 points away from me!!! OH NO!!!! I didn't realize she was that close!! I better get my butt working to get some of these words before I lose my position!!
You're hilarious. But dont worry, for awhile there I was answering the questions a day late and I was surprised that I was still hitting on some of the words.

There definitely is an advantage to being some of the first to answer when some of the words are pretty typical, but when you write a book each time, the other words just spill out eventually

The other thing to consider is there are 5 words.... there are only a few handfuls of us that play, that leaves pretty good odds!
post #11 of 14
P.S. Good Luck


(I've been waiting to use that smiley )
post #12 of 14
Yeah first you come and kick my butt at the katkwiz now you come kick my butt at the katkwery! Good luck youself!
post #13 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by glitch View Post
Yeah first you come and kick my butt at the katkwiz now you come kick my butt at the katkwery! Good luck youself!
I cannot help but add something here after reading the last few posts.
Marianjela did kick you butt today, and after you had already answered! But do not despair, you both won at KatKwery today, although the KatKwery contest for today will not be posted until later. (You guys just can't be on here 24 hours a day)
post #14 of 14
Oh great - she won too? Now I'll never catch up!



Just kidding of course, really gotta love it!!!!

...and who said anything about 24 hours? I wasnt plugged into my lifeline the whole morning.

I

didnt

think

I

would

make

it

through

the

afternoon



Really, I was surprised the Kwiz wasnt answered by the time I got on. I almost didnt bother looking at it. I think the only thing that drew me to it was to get a pre-look into the possible Kwery questions!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › *****KatKwery! - Sept. 3*****