Is it a hairball or a cough?

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My baby girl Jazz has been coughing/trying to get up a hairball for the past 2 weeks. I have increased her hairball medicine as per the vets instructions but she still coughs like she has a hairball. My question is could she have a cold or is this a hairball? No smoking allowed in my house and her eating and litter box habits have not changed. Also, I noticed she coughs more when the a/c is off.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At this pt I would suggest a Xray be done

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jamasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am taking her to the Vet tomorrow @ 5:00. Can I have some vibes/prayers please. Thanks

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am wondering about Rocko also. He has been making like he has a hairball caught in his mouth for a couple of days. He also snores when he sleeps like maybe he has a hard time breathing?

Anyway....sending vibes for Jazz.....

techiegirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Many people confuse hairball hacking with what is actually asthma. Go to You Tube and search for "cat asthma" and you can find videos. If you can videotape your cat while this is happening and bring to the vet, it will help.

My Phoebe had asthma and she used an inhaler 2x/day.

Good luck!

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by techiegirl

Many people confuse hairball hacking with what is actually asthma. Go to You Tube and search for "cat asthma" and you can find videos. If you can videotape your cat while this is happening and bring to the vet, it will help.

My Phoebe had asthma and she used an inhaler 2x/day.

Good luck!
Moose was just the opposite...what I thought was asthma was hairballs!