I looooove being clean

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok, so I know this probably sounds a little weird, but I have missed showering

I got my last cast taken off this morning and I came home and just had to get clean. I haven't properly bathed since July 1st and sponge baths aren't enough.

I just got finished with an hour long shower and when I come back from lunch, I am going to run a bubble bath and soak all afternoon

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ohhhh I know the feeling!!! I've had 2 hospital stays where I couldn't shower, and that first shower each time was just HEAVEN! Being able to wash my hair, and let water fall over my face again - bliss!

Sponge baths suck!

algebrapro18

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Ohhhh I know the feeling!!! I've had 2 hospital stays where I couldn't shower, and that first shower each time was just HEAVEN! Being able to wash my hair, and let water fall over my face again - bliss!

Sponge baths suck!
Except for the giver...lol. I know the feeling during my freshmen year I went though a stage where I didn't like showering because I didn't want to change around my room mate so I went about a month with out one. Being that I was about 400 pounds at the time you can just imagine the wonderful smell. One night in the middle of the night 6 of his buddies and him dragged me to the shower and threw me in with all my clothing on.

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
During my summer field work, I'm usually dirty so I know how good it feels to be clean! Last year, we were working in the mountains of Kyrgyzstan, camping for 3 weeks. This year, we worked closer to home and got to stay in hotels... but we went out to dig with the sun every day for 2 months. It felt incredibly good to shower at night and go to bed clean. Still, my hands were often so dirty that they didn't get completely clean after washing or even showering. People kept asking us if we were helping to fight the fires, or if we had been evacuated

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

ok, so I know this probably sounds a little weird, but I have missed showering

I got my last cast taken off this morning and I came home and just had to get clean. I haven't properly bathed since July 1st and sponge baths aren't enough.

I just got finished with an hour long shower and when I come back from lunch, I am going to run a bubble bath and soak all afternoon
I can relate. I felt the same after I had my cast taken off!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In full agreement here! And of course, cleanliness is next to godliness.

(But as my brother once said: "Check the dictionary -- godliness is actually next to gocart."
)

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I sooo know what you mean! After Hurricane Rita blew through and we were w/o power & water for almost a week in over 100 degrees weather, the first thing I did was take a loooong, hot shower!
Feeling clean again never felt so good!