Odd experience

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We drove the hot rod T down to Whitney to visit with a friend where he's building his shop. Went to lunch with them, then headed back home. Stopped at the Albertson's for a few things. Dottie went inside, and I sat in the T.

Several people came by and commented on it. Then a guy walked up, said he was a movie producer, and said he's interested in using the car in an upcoming high-school movie. I suspect this is pie in the sky, but I told him he could contact me if he wants to.

Do I expect anything to come of it? Not really. But I'm sure if it does, Norm Grabowski could give me some hot tips, like either sell them the car outright, or drive it myself.

He said this is a high school "coming of age" type of movie, and he wants to use the for the class clown, who turns out to be the hero.

Not sure I like those implications....

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whatever you do, if this guy is for real, I'd have a lawyer look over any paperwork BEFORE you sign it if you agree for them to use your car.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What possible reason would there be for this person to say this if it weren't for real? Well - there are definitely strange and crazy people out there. I agree on the lawyer stuff - but it sounds like it could be pretty cool! I expect you'd earn some money from it if it happened!

Laurie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Anybody here old enough to remember "77 Sunset Strip?"

Well, I'm sure Lee does, and I know there are others. And among the ladies of "a certain age," most had a crush on "Kookie."

Kookie drove a hot rod in that show. That hot rod was built by an acquaintance of mine, Norm Grabowski. To put this in perspective, he also built the car used in "My Mother the Car."

The Car That Ate My Brain

Anyway, Norm's car was used in that show, and on a number of movies. Norm appeared in some of those Disney/Annette Funicello beach movies, etc. He's a neat guy; the only person I know who can drink root beer and whistle at the same time.

So, to get back to 77 Sunset Strip, Kookie in the filming of one show managed to wreck Norm's car. After that, Norm by contract was the only one allowed to drive the car.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not quite old enough to remember.... but a quick question - when they make movies these days, does anyone actually drive a car other than a stunt driver?
It seems they're always being towed when they show you how they make the movies!

Laurie

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Well, I'm sure Lee does, and I know there are others. And among the ladies of "a certain age," most had a crush on "Kookie."

Kookie drove a hot rod in that show. That hot rod was built by an acquaintance of mine, Norm Grabowski. To put this in perspective, he also built the car used in "My Mother the Car."

The Car That Ate My Brain

Anyway, Norm's car was used in that show, and on a number of movies. Norm appeared in some of those Disney/Annette Funicello beach movies, etc. He's a neat guy; the only person I know who can drink root beer and whistle at the same time.

So, to get back to 77 Sunset Strip, Kookie in the filming of one show managed to wreck Norm's car. After that, Norm by contract was the only one allowed to drive the car.
Oooh, I had the crush on Roger Smith but Ann Margaret beat me to him! Drat!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Well, I'm sure Lee does, and I know there are others.
Is this some kind of covert allusion to me being old?

Well, you missed Kookie, Kookie, lend me your comb.

As far as your hot rod goes, Sheri's daughter works with big time Hollywood producers and can probably get an answer for you when the time comes to make a decision. But pm me so I don't miss it. After all, you are the biggest TCS poster of 2008!